Thread: email printer output

Question email printer output

I am building an application in Excel that users will input parts requirements which will be sent to suppliers. My problem is with Excel's Sendmail.

I have tried both the send on the file menu and the VBA version of sendmail. I may be beating a dead horse, so if anyone knows for sure that this is the case, please let me know.

What I want to email is the page of output the spreadsheet would create if I used the File Menu-Print option. What is happening presently is if I use VBA sendmail or the File Menu - Send option, the active spread sheet is emailed. I guess as I sit here and try to explain this problem - that is exactly what I have told it to do - at that point, I haven't told Excel to print the output.

It seems to me I need to intercept the printed output for email. I have tested the print to file option, but that doesn't seem to do what I need. The only way I can use that output is to do either a copy or an xcopy - filename.prt lpt1 to produce output. I don't think a supplier will find that acceptable.

OBTW - I am using Excel 2000, Word 2000, and Outlook 2000.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

Tom Rush
    [email protected]
    Tom

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I have tried using the built-in E-mail options of Office products before and I don't like them ( it never comes out as intended). I think it would be better to just attach the Excel file to Outlook/Outlook Express the old-fashioned way.