for some strange reason when on the net, my win 98 se standalone, laptop freezes. there is no rhyme or reason.
i have clean re-installed 4-5 times in the past 2-3 weeks.

i was using ie 6.0 and outlook express 6 also. but during the different reinstalls, i have reinstalled ie service pack 1 twice.

and now i have stopped using outlook express 6 and downgraded to version 5.

when the clean reinstalling did not solve the problem, my friend figured it was zone alarm (both the 3.1 and 2.5 versions) that did the freezing. (although in the past the 2.5 version never gave me a problem.)

then after congratulating ourselves, a day later, my computer started freezing again. this time i unenable norton internet security 2003 and again things froze.

then i tried to use Opera as a starting point since it never caused the freezing before. but now this time it froze. so then i figured/deducted in was my invasion software was the problem. so i did a remove and reinstall of the software.

that worked for a few days and now this morning i froze again. the only thing left to do is to - i was trying to think what else is different from before. i had a new invasion software program. so i plan to go back to the old version invasion program. hopefully that will work.

can anyone offer a remedy??? this is crazy.