Thread: Is my Windows home edition 32 bit or 64 bit?

Is my Windows home edition 32 bit or 64 bit?

Hi Everyone:

I ran across a patch Microsoft has written that I could download and install. It was called:

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-072 Print
    Unchecked Buffer in Windows Shell Could Enable System Compromise (329390). It had two vertions or types for the download/install: 32 bit and 64 bit.

I poked around Windows a long time without finding whether I had 32 bit or 64 bit. (I'd hazard a guess it's 32 bit...but I don't know that.)

How do I find out which I have?

John
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

its 32 man

you have the 32 bit version unless your running intels Italuim 2 proccesser wich is a 64 bit cpu,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Thanks, shadow_warez!!
    John
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

no prob

i havent updated my xp pro in nearly a year lol that could be the source of my Blue screens, haha, well glad to help,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,