Thread: How do I change a web page with white letters on a black background to its opposite?

How do I change a web page with white letters on a black background to its opposite?

Let me clarify...

A web page has information I want to copy and paste into Word 2000. The page has formed the letters by making the page black except for the text. So when I copy-paste and print, it comes out as it was on the web (white letters...black background). But this uses a lot of ink and often it is harder to read. It also makes the paper quite moist (though it dries pretty well).

Is there some trick (or method) that would enable me to cause it to print out so I have black letters on my WHITE paper?

I'm using XP home edition btw.

John
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    try cut and pasting the text in word...and changing the font color from white to black
    Last edited by phishhead; January 14th, 2003 at 21:53 PM.

For IE go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced. Scroll down to Printing and uncheck 'Print background colors and images'.

Now....to get the white text to black...........someone else will have to help on that one.

There are Bookmarklets one of which allows you to change the text color on many web pages. don't know if that would hep or not.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    You can do it like phish said.
    Or you can copy and paste the text into notepad,which will automatically convert it to black.Then copy and paste the text from notepad into word.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

I didn't know Notepad would automatically convert. Thanks Rev.

Thanks to all those who contributed to the answers. All you guys are sure a big help!!!

John
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Thor...that signature by Tinker you have is way cool. And Reverend, your latest block "REVEREND" at an angle is pretty cool too.

John

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    hey wumply if you ask egghead or tinker they would probably love to make a sig for you...right guys.

I can make you something if you like wumply. What would you like it to have on it?

Tinker:

I'd like something VERY much and I thank you for your offer.

But I have nothing particular in mind at the moment and little idea of options. Something along the lines of the "Thor" one would be cool. I love the drama in it; the intense red color and the way the word and the black ball come bursting out of nowhere) but controlled too) I saved that with "Save picture as" but it only shows the black ball appearing on the red background; the "Thor" does not appear at all.

What are my options...or should I just dream up something cool and then describe it to you...how does it all work?

And how do you do it. Do you write little applets?

John (wumply)

Well John I use Paint Shop Pro 7.04 for my graphics. Quite a few of the members use Photoshop 7.

I can try and come up with something, this is the hard part of making the Sig.. Getting an idea that works for you. What are some things that you like, i.e. apples,rocks,trees, etc............

Also most folks try to get something that has to do with there screen names. I could never find anything that I liked for "Tinker" however. I can get you something in the line of Thor's but we do not want to get it to close so as to keep as many unique sigs as possible....

If you come up with something let me know and in the meantime I will work on it for you.........

Tinker:

I see your point re a signature being appropriately different from already-existing ones. I am still, however, drawn to Thor's.

Tell me, how did he tell you what he wanted? Did he know what PaintShop Pro 7 would do---what options it provided? Or did he just describe in Words, (though for what you created for him, I would think that would have been hard to do with words alone.)
    Did he send you pictures?

I'm having trouble with how to tell you what I would like in terms of things moving - for example, how would I tell you I wanted something to move or how find a dramatic picture like the red part of Thor's signature that started out as points in the center and expanded as widening lines to the 2 sides and top and bottom?

John

What do you think?

Tinker:

I love the white rays from the center with the black background. Very cool.

Would it be possible to make 'WUMPLY' in a script font like Signature or Mistral with font size 72 or at least big and bold? These two are scriptlike fonts in My Word program. If those scripts are not available what about some nice block letters (in a strong red) be used..sort of like those angled Reverend used. That angled effect is cool!

And is it possible to start 'WUMPLY' tiny, tiny, tiny...even a dot...and have it angle out of 1 side of the signature...and get big and bold.

Can you try out something similar to what I've described above?

Also I noticed that Thor's signature is no longer showing in this thread. If you would feel more comfortable if I were to delete his signature from my HD, I will gladly do that. Let me know. (I'm assuming you took it out but I don't know that, of course.) I only downloaded it so I could enjoy it from time to time. I do that with almost any picture I run across that appeals to me.

John