Thread: Why do you use Outlook Express?

Why do you use Outlook Express?

Big Booger asked why 'we' use Internet Explorer. Fair enough question, but what I can't understand is why people use Outlook Express. It's a carrier for innumerable viruses (read: worms), some of which are rather malignant, and yet people persist in using it and even spend money on anti-virual software in order that they may avoid giving it up.

Shouldn't people be falling over themselves to replace it with something safer? Judging by the headlines, lots of people continue to use it in spite of the danger.

m00ndog

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    My answer is the same as for IE.I use it simply because it's there and installed with Windows.

I'm just a lazy B.....D,and can't be bothered to switch to another mail proggie.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    I use it because it's fast , easy and works well...I've never had a virus or worm get through , but then my ISP scans for virus & worms and then NAV 2003 scans on my end....

Server God Administrator Richard's Avatar
    I dont, but it is a good quick way to get your email

I prefer Outlook XP

As with Ie6 though, it works so why bother with anything else

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by FastGame
    I use it because it's fast , easy and works well...I've never had a virus or worm get through , but then my ISP scans for virus & worms and then NAV 2003 scans on my end....
    Same answer for me.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I used to use outlook express all the time, because I could consolidate 5 of my email accounts and check them in one place. I tried Eudora and it didn't offer the features that I was accustomed to with Outlook Express.

Now I use it to check hotmail only, because I don't want to log into hotmail.. via their site.

BB

I use it for the same reasons as the other guys, didnt like the interface and option of Eudora and just wasnt happy with Outlook XP. Easy to check multiple email accounts with and its pre loaded so why not
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules