Thread: Nvidia 42.70 Driver Download

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Nvidia 42.70 Driver Download

here's a new set of Nvidia Detonator drivers: An anonymous person just submitted Detonator drivers 42.70 for Windows 2000/XP to Guru3D.com. All nVidia cards are supported (NV3x support is new/added). Drivers are English only and non-WHQL. These are DirectX 9 drivers, and the first ones which support DirectShow fully, the VMR9 works with this one (it didn't with 41.80 and 42.01)

Download

Source: Neowin

BB

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Well I finally had the time to try these drivers (seems like the rest have lost interest with new Nvidia drivers!), they are better than my previous favorite 41.03's. My 3D Mark 2001 SE scores jumped up by 200 points with all settings on default. Comparable colors and image quality with my previous drivers and more importantly, color corrections are applied on start-up of my PC.

glad to hear that they work well. I am using em too. Seems to be the best thus far.
    BB

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I spoke too soon, on start-up this morning the colors of my desktop were all screwed up, it was like I was on LSD or some hallucinogen drug! Back to 41.03 drivers.

Titanium Member
    color looks fine here - there are more options that are not greyed out for me too. I overclocked and went from 980 to (finally over 1000) to 1124 3D mark score

Colors work great here too.. Conan you must have a special version of the drivers... hehehe
    BB

Gave them a try, benchmarked about the same as the 42.01 Leadtek drivers Im using. Couldnt get one game to function properly under them so back to the 42.01 drivers for me
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Titanium Member
    opps, I installed the wrong one. I installed 40.72 - lol. Now that I have the right one installed, were do I get that overclock thing - or will it make no difference.