Thread: Word 2000

Word 2000

I can't beleive having problems with Word 2000. Can anyone offer any help? When I bring up Word, it would come on for about 1-2 seconds and dissappear. I tried reparing and reinstalling but nothing. I have the Office 2000 SR Small Business. I tried looking for help on Microsoft site but found nothing.

Never had problems, the only reason I could think of was before that I tried installing Publisher 98 and got an error message that it couldn't be done because I have Office 2000 version in my system already.

Help!!!!! I found the postings on this site to be so helpful when I couldn't find solutions elswhere.

Thanks

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Have you deleted, then confirmed that the Office folder was deleted?

YOu might need to manually delete the folder, and its contents to get it completely removed, then reinstall. Also use a REG cleaner to remove any tidbits left over from the initial installation.

Sounds like you might have to reinstall your OS. It could be something wrong with it. Have you tried uninstalling any other software that you have installed since it messed up?

Only reinstall the OS as a last resort.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    if word jacked up some system files SFC /scannow might help. and like BB said regclean

Thumbs up

Got it! It was as simple as making sure the whole folder is deleted. Why didn't I think of that? Thanks

Great - had the same trouble a while ago - culprit was Hot Metal 6 - whenever I installed it, word would open and close again without any influence of myself

Ruben

I too had the same problem. I have Office 2000 Premium Edition and when I installed SR-1, the problem came about. But I followed the suggestions and it was as simple as making sure that the entire folder had been deleted. But I had to also delete all the folders associated with Microsoft Office.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    glad to see my suggestion worked.
    Welcome to TZ. Post away.

I had trouble when installing all the new patches - when trying to copy an html text into word 2000 it crashed.

Got rid of the patches

Ruben