Thread: on and off .bat files

Titanium Member

on and off .bat files

Here's a couple of .bat files. I use it for playing games or installing an app. Just click the off bat and whatever apps you want will close. I close the apps running in my sys tray. Then just click the "on" bat and all your apps will open one at a time.

You need to go to your program files folder of the app you want and make a shortcut in the folder where the .exe resides.

What you see is now is the apps i'm using it for - change it to whatever you want.

Next message
    Last edited by lynchknot; March 16th, 2003 at 05:50 AM.

Titanium Member
    Here

You were right, lynchknot. I tried the on and off batch files and they are cool . I close all unnecessary processes before playing games so they will be of great help. However, the off.bat couldn’t kill all the processes I wanted it to. Here’s the code I used:

taskkill /IM ccApp.exe /IM zlclient.exe /IM vsmon.exe /IM msnmsgr.exe /F
    cls
    ccApp and MSN Messenger were shutdown but ZoneAlarm Pro (zlclient.exe and vsmon.exe) wasn’t shut down. What went wrong?

The on.bat had issues as well. If I included .lnk at the end of the path it wouldn’t work at all although I did make the shortcuts as you said. So, I tried it without the .lnk, this time the problem was that only the first app would run. Here’s the code I used:

"C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe"
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    In this example, only MSN Messenger would run. I noticed something though: if I close the first app launched (MSN messenger), the 2nd will now launch (ZA) and if I close ZA, the next process (ccApp) will be launched.

Titanium Member
    I don't know. Like NAV, it probably requires more - maybe - for instance this will start nav:
    Code:
     "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\NMain.exe" /dat:C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navui.nsi /nosysworks.exe.lnk\NMain.exe.lnk"

Nope, it didn't work, LK.

Titanium Member
    I'm not saying to use what is used for Symantec. I'm saying there is more required to shut down your AV than what you are using. I don't know what - I don't use the same AV you do.

I'm having no problem with killing NAV. Only ZA is refusing to be killed.

As for the on.bat, I've tried it with different apps but the same problem is happenning.