0 0%
  • cats and dogs

0 0%
  • B.S.

1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: q316771

Angry q316771

Anyone out there. Do you have a more detailed explonation for microsoft knowledge base q316771.I think this relates to me .But neither microsoft,aol or emachines wants to tell me anything about it.I need all the help i can get,after 3months of working on this problem i,m ready to get rid of the whole caboodle(only have my pc for 3months)

Hi, welcome to the boards
    about your problem,
    as far as i read i see that the problem is not with your computer, but more with thte AOL dialer program. One way to get this fixed is to get the most updated AOL version and then try with that, or if you are already using the latest, wait for them to release a bug fix.. eventually they will, they have to.
    Although i would strongly suggest you move to another ISP other than AOL because they are one of the worst ISP's you can be with..
    Good luck,
    Blackwar

Thumbs up q316771 blackware

Thank you for your quick reply,this is kind of what i thougt.I have aol7.0 and requested that aol send me a revised adittion.As far as me using aol i have 2mor free months and then adios (i live in WV,no jobs no $),so i have to use this freeby however much the B.S. thanks again. Cheers Uschie

well if you need free internet, there is Juno..
    There are ads, but if you need free, you have to go with it
    Their speed isn't so bad, i used it before
    check it out if you want
    http://www.juno.com

Blackwar

Question q316771

Blackwar:Some "Great One" on some board which i dont remember was talking about Com2 vs Com3 for net con. in xp. I fallowed the advice and lo and behold my aol connections have been working ever since.Could it be ? could i dare hope?Or is this just BS ? I took your advise and checkt out juno,i will switch to unlimited $9.95 in a few weeks.AOL and emachines are still in denial.Well just wanted to ask about this come thing.

Cheers Uschie

well I personally didn't see any difference when i switched COM ports, it still connected at the same speed and the reliability was the same ..
    The COM ports usually only matter when there are IRQ conflicts, and when you switch them, they are usually fixed, that may be your case

Blackwar