Thread: Re my Intel Videophone audio transmission

Re my Intel Videophone audio transmission

To anyone...but Phishhead...I'd appreciate your input.

I wrote you an hour or so ago about the video problem re the transmission of my video to my son. I got your answer and sent bak a followup.

This question relates to an audio issue with the same Intel videophone. My son also noted that there was some mild choppiness about 20% of the time...clicks inbetween my sentences, so that he missed some sounds. He suggested I couldl install his unused Creative Audigy gamer card to see if that would improve on the audio transmission. It's 32 bit

Does anyone have an opinion on that?

Wumply
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    well I'll butt in anyway I would definately install the audigy great card. but it seems to be a bandwidth issue since you are getting choppy video and audio. I mean it will not be as good as TV or Star Trek episodes

I hear what you are saying re the bandwidth (the hours were from 11 PM to 2 AM) but I also found my son's transmission excellent re audio and pretty darn good if not excellent, throughout. It was only he who had the viewing/listening limitations . So I tend to think the problem lies with the quality of my integrated audio/video cards in my motherboard. And he has a higher end computer than I do--he assembled it himself--and just upgraded to an Audigy II sound card.

Wumply
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Check you upload capability using an online tester:

http://www.dslreports.com

http://www.pcpitstop.com

both offer pretty good results. If his sound and video are fine on your end, but are suffering on his, that means something is definitely hurting on your end. If it is not an upload bandwidth issue, it could be a hardware issue..

Do you have the latest drivers installed? Is your audio playing fine on your end, when you listen to sound from an audio file? Can you play DVDs on your rig? Do they play fine? Is it choppy?

Also, do you have the latest webcam software for your machine? If possible, have you ran the audio and video configuration? What size of video are you broadcasting?

On my camera, I noticed if I reduced the size of the image, down to the lowest setting, the transmission speed improved dramatically.

try fiddling with the configuration of you web cam

Hope that helps.