April 15th, 2003, 13:00 PM
Make status bar visible always in Explorer/IE, If you like it there all the time.
1) With (only one) IE open, click View, select: Status Bar
2) Right-click on IE's Toolbar and select: "Lock the Toolbars"
3) Hold down the Ctrl key and click the close button (upper right)
4) Right click on the Start Button to open Windows Explorer, click View, select: Status Bar
5) Right-click on Explorer's Toolbar and select: "Lock the Toolbar"
6) Click Tools | Folder Options | View tab
7) Click the "Apply to all folders" button. (Click OK if this gives you another dialogue question)
8) Hold down the Ctrl key and click the close button (upper right)
9) Reopen IE to any page, right-click on a link and select: "Open in New Window" The Status Bar
should remain visible.
April 15th, 2003, 13:07 PM
I am going to give this a go in Longhorn
Will let you know if it works.
Thanks for the tip.
April 16th, 2003, 03:27 AM
all bets are off...
Re: Make status bar visible always in Explorer/IE, If you like it there all the time.
Yeah, I learnt that one the hard way. Took me a while to work out why my status bar kept disappearing.
Found that tip several months ago and haven't looked back.
October 17th, 2004, 08:25 AM
I'm getting that status bar problem as well, however, I did what was said in the instructions, but it didn't work. Can someone help me? It's really bugging me.
October 17th, 2004, 09:18 AM
I use firefox now primarily and never have an issue with the status bar.