Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a link that works.......

Unhappy Need a link that works.......

Hi Guys,

Well, I enjoyed "clone mode" bliss for a month or two........then for some reason after a power outage.......no drivers. Gone!

I downloaded 43.35 (I think) and no clone mode as before. I've gone to the link to 3dguru to download the 43.00 drivers that actually gave me "clone mode" to my TV but I'm clicking and clicking and getting nowhere.

Can someone give me a link to get the 43.00 drivers that actually works? Am I doing something wrong there? No download window comes up

Thanks.......

Sharon

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    What do you mean no drivers after power outage ? they aren't on HD ? the Nvidia folder from the drivers you were using isn't on C: Drive ? if it is then choose upgrade drivers & point to the folder...

This Drivers Links works

Have a good day Sharon

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Sharon am i correct in saying you are using 98SE. ?

To get the 9X/ME 43.00's from guru3D.
    Go to this link then scroll down and click the "Agree" link on that page.
    The drivers should then download.

If you want the 2000/XP 43.00's go to this link instead,and then click the "Agree" link on that page.
    Last edited by Reverend; April 27th, 2003 at 20:27 PM.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Driver Cleaner?

Do I use this Driver Cleaner to remove 43.35 first?

Yep, my husband was downstairs fixing the muffler I broke off the hyundai (don't ask ) with his air tools/compressor, and it blew a fuse. Lights out, computer out. Came back up in safe mode.....pointed to folder, Nvidia 43.00, it said it couldn't find some file to set up and will not be installed. Well, whatever was there I figure was corrupt somehow. Went to the guru3D site and I clicked repeatedly on I AGREE to get 43.00 and nothing happened. Yes, I am using win98SE.

Thanks for the link.......downloaded, and believe me, I'm burning it to a cd, I simply COULD NOT FIND IT in my complete and udder panic!

Next question........does someone know how the heck to manipulate this thing to get it to clone mode if THIS one doesn't work either? I was sure it was sheer luck last time the option appeared.

Thanks,
    Sharon

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    not sure I understand "clone mode". can you tell us what this means.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    it is the mode that lets nvidia users clone their PC screen with their TV screen. It used to be called twinview.

There is an option to force it to restart. Check it out. IF you need more help, let us know.

This is what I get when I click on I AGREE at guru3d site.

Just a front page and no download window.

Wanted to download the program that puts the .infs in and keeps ya from having nview problems......or so it said. But it won't let me download a thing from there. I'm downloading fine everywhere else......

Sharon

Angry Still no clone mode

Nope, no clone mode.........

I've used driver cleaner........tried to install 43.00 drivers. Got errors that it couldn't find .hlp files. Copied all .hlp files from driver cd that came with the card to the Nvidia folder. Missing tons of .dlls, I have no clue what to do, there was about 10-15 dlls it said it couldn't find.

Gonna pull my hair out.........got any ideas? ATI wasn't this hard to install and update.

Thanks,
    Sharon

I've never had a problem installing any of the detonator drivers. Did you use Nvidia Driver cleaner in safe mode? Follow the readme closely. It explains exactly how to do it.

Once you have removed all traces of the old driver, then try to reinstall.

If you are still having problems after that, let me know and I will walk you through it.

By the way where did you finally get the driver from?
    Keep at it, I am sure success is just around the corner.

Some links for Nvidia Detonator Drivers
    43.03 9x/me

43.03 9x/Me

Another site with lots of links for different detonators.

One last thing, there is an option in the advanced properties, that asks you to check a box if you cannot get the Nview to work. What it does is shuts down nview if it is running, and then reboots it, or something to that effect.

I know the latest driver 43.45 for me, Nview didn't work until I enabled this feature. Once I checked the box, rebooted my machine, nview worked flawlessly!

You might want to check it out. It is kind of hidden. If you haven't figured it out by the time I get home, I will post a screenshot of how to do this.

Last edited by Big Booger; April 30th, 2003 at 01:13 AM.

Thumbs up The Answer from eVga.......

Hey Guys,

Finally got a chance to work on this crazy issue with not having clone mode available to me after a power outage. Mind you, I'm not a wiz with this new video stuff........there was no way I could figure this out myself. Gave up after countless restarts, removals, driver cleanings in safe mode and whatever mode I could think of, different driver versions......etc. Called eVGA tech support.......

The "extrememly rude" gentleman on the other end of the line explained to me that somehow my display #2 was enabled, therefore not allowing access to the nview properties to choose CLONE mode. After countless cleanings, driver removals and different drivers I'm not sure how my seemingly posessed machine kept the "enabled" setting and not even sure how it got that way in the first place.

ANYWAY........ I asked him to clear up exactly what we did over the phone and he sort of softened up a bit. Gee, after all I was paying for the call wasn't I?

And the answer is behind door #2......no clone mode if display #2 is enabled. When disabled (simply by right clicking on the #2 box in display properties) and disabling it by taking the check mark out, then hitting apply) you will then have the CLONE option available in the side menu, nview display options.

"That is just the way nvidia writes their drivers m'am!" - eVGA

Thanks for all your help guys......I hope I've helped in return if this problem arises again. I am back to clone mode bliss.......and so is the old man.

Sharon

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I was just thinking to myself that you haven't posted in a while, glad you sorted things out!

Glad to see you sorted it out and thanks for updating us with that answer. Next time I have an Nview clone mode question I will definitely revert back to this thread.

As Conan said, I too was beginning to wonder where you'd gone.
    :P

Lightbulb On a side note......

Oh there's one more thing...........

eVGA must have one room where the same people answer the phone...

Called back to that "ever so friendly" tech support and got the same guy.......go figure?

I told him I'd called before and they'd helped me solve a problem with clone mode but now my vid............cutting me off midsentence he says "your video won't play on the tv right?"

Ummm, yes thats right.

"Go to OVERLAY CONTROLS in your nvidia properties tab and click SECONDARY DISPLAY, you should now see video on your tv" What a wiz, and I thanked him.

He needs a smile!

I'm all set now, I think?

Have a great day!

Sharon

the thing is, he probably gets the same call 100 times a day if not more.. depending on the call volume.. and the thing is, most tech support people are rude.. they are not monitored enough like say a sales department...
    tech support is not that important to a company as sales acquisitions..

But at least he helped you and I don't know why he didn't tell you that from the beginning.. probably wanted you to spend another phonecall...

:P

Hi BB,

I agree, and I wonder how much of a cut eVGA gets from that phone call eh?

Totally unrelated but interesting to me nonetheless........

How the heck do you guys get those neat little pics (avatars?) under your names? I simply LOVE Rev's and Conan's.......and the pics for signatures........how does one do that?

As always, thanks be to God that you guys are here!

Sharon (who sadly remains "avatar-less")