Thread: dead mobo?

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

Exclamation dead mobo?

I finaly got my pc back this morn, and it worked for about 5 hours, till i rebooted, now the usb dont work, i cant use my keyboard, like i used to or my usb mouse, does anyone know of a good ps mouse that's optical or do they exist? i tryed everything i made a Ghost img of the hd when when the mouse was working, and i restore, and it still doesnt want to see any usb, i try both usb devices on my notebook finds it instanty, im thinking its time start cursing bcom, they really let me down, my ram still isnt back its been 3 and a half months, thier instore warrenty on ram is only 7 days! and it cost me $210 to buy then $35 to ram it it,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Is USB still enabled in bios ? didn't your USB KB/Mouse come with the PS2 adapter's ?

Maybe you need too start thinking about a VIA board and don't worry about the speed, the VIA boards are very fast & what ever speed diffrence between VIA & Nf2 can't be seen with your eye's....except in stupid benchmarks. Stability is #1 above all !

I've built 7 Nforce2 comps, two (1-ASUS A7N8X-D & 1- Abit NF7-S) are mine and they work great...so do the other 5 that have never come back to me. Doesn't seem as if Nf2 is meant to be for you....

Sell your AMD CPU and get an Intell P4 & one of the DDR boards for it and you can use your ram and all else.

I don't know what else to say Shadow, I feel for ya & hope some day soon you have luck.

[edit]=in bios disable the USB 2.0 support & keep 1.xx support enabled.
    Last edited by FastGame; May 12th, 2003 at 07:45 AM.

Exclamation its at the shop now

lol i had a worse prob lol i added a Volcano 11 xaser editon, and a new monitor bueatifull, im using it now on my notebook, lol ill take some pics, it rules, cost $205! cheap for this one, volcana ran me $75 but its worth it, lol, i hads everything changed, started the Pc no signil, =*( so its at the Techs 13 hours from the time i got it, it went back, lol, in the commin months ill be callin ya to build a new shuttle pc if possable =) haha i can build comps no prob, its just the store i buy my parts seem to get them from a market that ships 99.9% faulty Equipment, ohh well youll have to leave me the details in my inbox,

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    just the store i buy my parts seem to get them from a market that ships 99.9% faulty Equipment
    I would say maybe buy from a different store?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    try a bricks and mortar.. instant returns usually before 14 days.. some shops even let you put it together at their store and test it with their equipment..

That or get someone else to build it and do a 24 hour burn in.. hehehe

Talking i found a new store,

I found a New place its chaeper then the place i been going to, and their the only ones i nthe city who had a volcano 11 so far their monitor rocks, and the volcano im waiting to these tards fix it, its chrashed so many times its not funny anymore, and thing is im not even over clocking it, i added a Awsome cooler to it, and another 512 ddr pc 3500 hoping it would free up some bottlen necks i seem to be having,