Thread: Yo zErO Epox

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar

Yo zErO Epox

just wondering whats up with the new MOBO ? Are you going fast or crashing ? great board or POS ?

Please reply I can't take the suspense any longer

Re: Yo zErO Epox

Originally posted by FastGame
    just wondering whats up with the new MOBO ? Are you going fast or crashing ? great board or POS ?

Please reply I can't take the suspense any longer
    I have just installed it and Im in the middle of reinstalling everything after doing a reformat.
    So far I havent had any major problems with it yet, once I got all my stuff on I will look at how it is an improvement on my pc. There are a few things that Im not happy with on this board, for example to put the HSF on it is a major task. I dont think I would have been able to do it if I didnt have a removeable tray in my Lian Li case. Basically most boards Ive had the hsf will clip in horizontally....with this one its vertical, so it leaves no dam space to get any tools in between your hsf if you run a large one and the frame of your case
    The board also is showing me the wrong cpu speed, Ive tried to configuring the clock speed but still it comes out wrong. Not to impressive for a board that has a bios of 03/15/2003. But hopefully it all works out after flashing the bios.
    Still this board comes with a lot of great features, Im really interested in the performance of the NForce2 chipset, so once its all going Im going to see how good this thing really is

I will let you know my final thought positive/ negative after Ive run it through its paces
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    can you post the model number?

everyone here always forgets to post the most important component.

the model number of the motherboard.

hehe

i am going to buy a new m/b soon and I will keep my eye on this thread

cheers
    egghead
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry egg...posted it in another thread
    Its a Epox 8RDA+ the board specs can be viewed here

http://www.epox.nl/english/products/...oard/8rda+.htm

still have a few glitches when it comes to setting the correct cpu clock speed. Has some great features and bundled software, but it wouldn't be an easy board for a novice. They make these boards so that they can be easily overclocked, but dam near impossible to configure to run at optimum settings
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    What CPU do you have & what is going on with the CPU clock speed ? what other setting's are giving you trouble ? what ram do you have ?