Thread: Japanese Tv / Pc

Japanese Tv / Pc

Japanese TV PC

Akihibara News with some video footage of the PRIUSDECK 770F20TVP, a PC designed to replace your television that has a beautiful-looking widescreen LCD, a DVD burner, built-in TV tuner, remote control, FireWire, and slots for all sorts of memory cards.

A real PC for Video
    Thursday, May 29th, 2003 Posted by Daimaou

In Japan most of the things are small, and this due to the lack of place that most Japanese house got.
    So PC are offering now more and more function to user and in some flat, it replace, TV, Video Recoder and Fax Machine.

Here you are a good exemple of what I am talking about, the Hitachi PRIUSDECK 770F20TVP got a built in DVD-R/RW/RAM recorder and player, TV Tuner, Fax Modem, TV Remote Control and all kind of Memory Slot (2x PCMCIA, MS, SD) Firewire...

Small Video of the PRIUSDECK 770F20TVP

Source

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Interesting idea... wonder why it has taken such a long time to develop?

In Japan, most TV shops have moved on from the anciet 100 pound box to the thin LCD and plasma type displays.. and the new double layer LCDs that have a glass layer on the outside to give it that fresh and ultra smooth look.

You would be amazed at the size a variety they have here.. as opposed to the states. I really don't understand why they release it in Japan first.. but I guess it is because Japanese and Asians in general are a little more tech savvy than their western counterparts.

Plus Japanese are willing to pay huge amounts for the latest technology.

Any idea about the cost for this machine?

I haven't a clue as to the cost.

You are right about the Japanese being more 'tech savvy'. They're also more 'gadget' crazy and willing to spend anything on them.