Thread: OrbiTouch Review: A Keyless Keyboard

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

OrbiTouch Review: A Keyless Keyboard

Fastgame,
    This is your next hardware upgrade.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1112012,00.asp

Imagine a keyboard with no space bar, no letters, no numbersc no keys at all. In fact, forget the entire idea of a keyboard, as you know it, altogether. Just reach down with both hands and grab your knees (assuming you have two knees), and close your eyes. Only subtle differences exist between this sensation, and the experience of first lowering your hands and gripping the OrbiTouch Keyless Keyboard (pictured below).

Sounds hard to learn how to use but once you get over that, it should be a snap..

No different than having to learn to type all over again.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    LOL that thing is crazy i'm still trying to figure out how to use speech to play my games..hehe

As much as that thing cost I'd rather sprinkle corn on the KB & turn a pigeon loose.

Where in the heck did you find that thing ?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Warp2search reported it on their website. So I went over a read all about it. Seems very interesting but at that price, you're right.. it is a tadbit too steep.

But if the price came down to around $100-150, it wouldn't be that bad, considering it functions as both keyboard and mouse.

Learning those moves would also take a while, but I think after a few months you'd be flying along.

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

Exclamation give me 5 days =)

Give me 5 Days wit it and ill have masterd it, hah ill make it the main keyboard, so ill either sink or swim, ill use it for halflife, ut 2003, that will get my motor skillz back i naction =)

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Aren't we TZ Vet a review entity so we can get our hands into this hardware and review it??
    Please post all this stuff far away from my boses, because they like whatever is new. The idea of simplifying typing is great, though if having a key per type takes us time, how long will it take to move hands instead? I think the best is a very good speech recognition (not available yet)
    I would do a test drive of that (if it was free)