Thread: Love my Asus A7N8X Deluxe!

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

Exclamation Love my Asus A7N8X Deluxe!

Man i love this board it rules, i didnt have to do any kind of tricks to get my CPu/ram to run in sync im running multi 10x166 smoothly no porbs my last cpu couldnt do it, hehe FG you have to send me a pm i need a Raid 0 Serial ata set,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    man shadow that looks like an awesome board I wish I had one like that.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Well Shadow i'm happy for ya....my comp burned up today

U need the serial ATA adapters ? I have two from my burned up ABIT
    Last edited by FastGame; June 6th, 2003 at 04:28 AM.

Originally posted by phishhead
    man shadow that looks like an awesome board I wish I had one like that.
    Oh and how I would luv a sever for games

U real funny phish...just remember your words "333fsb is fast enough/chickens get run over going across the street"

lol

i cant beleave the cpu is running at 166 fsb, hehe i need sertial ata to run my servers =)

what happened FG

what did ya do lol, i burned mine kinda by accident =), whatd yo udo to your abit?

Well everything was just fine till I went over 220fsb....fried two bios chips, my buddy lent me his XP2800 barton *fried*, my 9800pro wouldn't boot any more, windows was gone..... don't know what the heck happend ? some friggin crummy ram I just got must of done it.....everything would have been fine if I stoped the first time bios crashed...but noooo I had to keep hot flashing um till

I'll be all fixed (minus the 2800) in the morning

PM me your address & i'll send ya those SATA adapters
    Last edited by FastGame; June 6th, 2003 at 05:47 AM.

Unhappy sorry,

sorry if my post sounded like a flamer, lol i never thought i was the only one to try overclocking in extreme cases and get burned for it, lol, but i would have to say it sounds like it wasnt very good mem, right now im using winbond and a infinion stikc dont ask lol im still waiting for my other samsung ram to come back, its been nearly 4 months, since the start of my Network Admin Course its been on Rma lol,if i get that i can build a independant fileserver, for hosting, ill prob be moving in a few weeks her starting a It Job in a diff city lol, but when i get setup again ill see what they charge for fiber optics with a decent 100/1000 plan hopefully its not like a 1.5 mb T1 line those are horrid, lol, well ya can always rma like i do and hoepfully they give ya everything back, its okay iv fried my Kt ultra, and my mobo, and my video card, tech said the ram was leakin or somethin, and the cpu well it looks like someone was eating ant it, cuz it was eroded, lol,

After replacing power supply, CPU, v-card, ram and bios chip I'm up & running

It was PS that went crazy...Antec (Best Buy) replaced it & said they would make it right with me on the CPU (we'll see ? ), the ram was still good but wouldn't work in NF2 so I took it back & got some Kingston Hyper X PC3200 , Best Buy replaced the v-card cuz thats where I bought it & the PS bios chip was $3.80. Mother board was still good.

Thanks for your time

sweet deals man

thier going to make good on the cpu, if they do thatt'l rule! lol i have my poor 1800+ runnin Sync with my ram its running at 166 lol so the fsb is 334 lol never thought itd live more then a day, lol, but guess my temps cpu temp =))) its at 15c in bios after 10 mins idle 16 with asus probe on full load of gta vc, i love this Volcana 11 its kicking azz, i spent 25 mins trying to get it on the capaciters are too close to the cpu socket, i was scared id bend them gettin it on,

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Re: sweet deals man

Originally posted by shadow_warez
    thier going to make good on the cpu, if they do thatt'l rule! lol i have my poor 1800+ runnin Sync with my ram its running at 166 lol so the fsb is 334 lol never thought itd live more then a day, lol, but guess my temps cpu temp =))) its at 15c in bios after 10 mins idle 16 with asus probe on full load of gta vc, i love this Volcana 11 its kicking azz, i spent 25 mins trying to get it on the capaciters are too close to the cpu socket, i was scared id bend them gettin it on,
    You're running a 266 fsb Athlon @ 334 fsb, and your temps are only 16c under load.

I think you need to check your temp sensors and monitoring software.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    I have the same board Shadow and I'm running a 1.4 T bird(266).When I first set it up I ran the thing at 10x at 166fsb and it booted fine and I ran it for a few minutes and got chicken and rebooted into bios and changed it back to 133fsb.Funny thing is that it booted running 10x166fsb@ 1660mhz but it will not boot at 12.5x 133fsb or 1662.5mhz. Right now it's running@ 1.53Ghz and 46C @ 1.84 Vcore.I have a 2800+ Barton which I plan on installing probably Mon.along with a Zalman 6000cu fan and heatsink.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

lol i have use asus probe

i used asus probe, and the bios detection, it got higher during the day it hits 21 lol,

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar

Question

So... what features did your ASUS board come with??

Ie. Integrated 1GB LAN, Raid SATA and ATA ??

I was looking at this board too, but AMD performance doesnt really compare to the new P4-C and Intels latest 875 chipset.

Im sure though you are happy with it and thats the main thing.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Exclamation too many lol

its came with 5.1 intagrated Sound, 2 onboard Nics, one from Nvidia and 3com, 2 serial ata for a raid setup, Duel Channel support , Firewire, 4 usb 2.0 and with the right Bios support for the 400 fsb athalons!