Thread: Hitachi & Sotec Have New PC Form Factor

Hitachi & Sotec Have New PC Form Factor

Hitachi and Sotec have come up with a new PC form factor -- and it doesn't even violate Apple trademarks! The Afina 7160 PC is ideal for situations where space is limited, such as the kitchen, bathroom -- or Japan. The keyboard and flat panel LCD are part of the same integrated unit. The guts of the PC are tucked away behind the screen. The Afina supports USB 2.x, Memory Stick and sports both built-in Ethernet and modem. It started shipping in Japan last week; I'll let you know when it goes on sale elsewhere.

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2...02/sot2_01.jpg

More Pics

Pic
    Pic
    Pic
    Last edited by Conan; June 14th, 2003 at 04:45 AM.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    very interesting Form Factor (quick qn: why would it infringe on Apple?), It would be an excellent spacesaver - what platform does it run? P4, AMD. what about cooling concerns?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I don't like those all in one models.. if one component fails.. then it has to be replaced..

If you have separate components, one goes down you can always go out and get a new one, and your system is back up in a few hours

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Originally posted by Big Booger
    I don't like those all in one models.. if one component fails.. then it has to be replaced..
    Good Point BB, Im sure thats what manufacturers want anyway, so You have to replace the entire system... they probably program some EEPROM to fail after 2 years so need new system!

I do hate when CPU goes and it takes MEM, VID and rest of your system, its happened too many times... actually think its the PSU fault.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---