Thread: Mirror TV

Mirror TV

Don’t you just hate the mad dash in the mornings?! Rushing between checking the traffic reports, watching the latest weather predictions, brushing your teeth and getting ready to leave…why not put all that to one side and make morning better with the Mirror TV from Philips; bringing a new online dimension to your bathroom mirror.

Mirror TV in essence is an LCD display integrated into a mirror, which means that you could surf TV channels, the internet or even view your blood pressure while brushing your teeth or styling you hair, or just admire your reflection.

To ensure that when the TV part of the mirror is switched off you get a good reflection, the LCD part of the mirror has been coated with a special film which allows almost all light through [for the mirror], or none at all [for watching the TV]. Coming in sizes from 17 inch up to 30-inch screen, it’ll bring innovation, connectivity and convergence to your home.

Our reflective wall wonder is the first commercial product to come from our HomeLab, a facility that lets people interact with new products and feedback to us to ensure we bring you what you want, when you want it.

While we see the Mirror TV first being used in hotels as a method of quick bill payment as well as a superb quality TV or monitor, we see a wealth of opportunities for the home of tomorrow.

Which is why we’re currently testing more advanced versions that come complete with Internet and TV connections, as well as being able to provide you with health data via wireless connections with healthcare devices such as your bathroom scales. Mirror TVs offering all of this should become available in 2005.

Being able to reroute your drive to the office to avoid the road works while checking the weather and shaving at the same time? That’s definitely a possibility worth reflecting on.

Source

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    so now the 2hours it takes for me to get ready can be productive

I hope ppl dont use it for the wrong reason (webcam in shower-room) just like they are with 3G cell phones.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

*picture that comes to mind*
    Guy watching the Playboy Channel with an "after-sex" hair look.
    Eating a lightbulb relishing on the procrastination of the rationalization of the disestablishment movement in the 1800s in Europe whence then was egotistical bastards were not unintelligently lived to see their timely undeaths in a very non-ungroovy way.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I read about it a couple of weeks ago in PCStats

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    this would be nice in hotels, department stores, etc..
    but I just don't see people using this at home unless you want to check out the news while getting ready for work.

Originally posted by Big Booger
    this would be nice in hotels, department stores, etc..
    but I just don't see people using this at home unless you want to check out the news while getting ready for work.
    Which you can do on the radio/tv which almost all have in the bedrooms and at least a radio in the bath.

Methinks though it's pretty neat for space saving which in Japan at least is at a premium.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    LOL Thor, Thats funny about the space issue in japan, soon everyone will be living in a clothes rack space, with a bathroom and mirror plus TV

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

yeah it would fly here, but I doubt, at least at first, that it would be very successful in America. How many people want to look at a mirror while watching TV? Creepy

Originally posted by cash_site
    LOL Thor, Thats funny about the space issue in japan, soon everyone will be living in a clothes rack space, with a bathroom and mirror plus TV
    cash_site You'd be surprised how close you are.

Boogs Your sig is sporadic. Sometimes when I'm here it's visible and sometimes not.
    Last edited by Thor; July 3rd, 2003 at 12:48 PM.

It's my new sig design. I call it hide-and-seek

Originally posted by Big Booger
    It's my new sig design. I call it hide-and-seek
    Good one!