Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATI Catalyst 3.5 Released

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

ATI Catalyst 3.5 Released

This unified driver has been further enhanced to provide the highest level of power, performance, and reliability. The ATI Catalyst software suite is the ultimate in performance and stability. This maintenance release focuses on resolving known issues with the Catalyst software suite.

View: release notes

Download: XP/2000 | 98/ME

Download: ATI Control Panel

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    well bit the bullet and installed these drivers after using the driver cleaner(great app by the way). Havent tested these in games yet, but got a 100 point increase in 3dmark 2001. Cant wait to see what the omega drivers will do for me. Hey fg the drivers are safe for you to install now.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Originally posted by phishhead
    Hey fg the drivers are safe for you to install now.
    Thanks phish, I knew you couldn't hold out any longer

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    hey guys, I saw the cat3.5s too, just make sure you read the relevant forums for Radeons with 3.5, some people have been having some bugs that werent rectified from 3.4.

Just some warnings thats all... make sure you 'system restore' before installing... me... Im stuck at cat2.3 cos running old ATi 7200 and newer cats just wont work on mine.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    Originally posted by cash_site
    hey guys, I saw the cat3.5s too, just make sure you read the relevant forums for Radeons with 3.5, some people have been having some bugs that werent rectified from 3.4.

Just some warnings thats all... make sure you 'system restore' before installing... me... Im stuck at cat2.3 cos running old ATi 7200 and newer cats just wont work on mine.
    I del the old 3.4 then used that driver removal app. installed the 3.5 and rebooted everything went smooth. Now just waiting for the omega drivers.

I'm using the Omega 3.5 now and they're excellent, go get um phish

Titanium Member
    hey! where do you see the Omega 3.5's on this page? http://www.omegacorner.com/ati.htm

The 2.4.60 are the 3.5's

Un-install your control panel first, leave your drivers installed. Run the Omega exe. then select the 9500\9700 hack when it comes up you will be all set LK.....forgot you were an ATI fanboy now....hehe

Titanium Member
    What control panel? I just have the drivers I think. Since it already has OC I uninstalled the control panel.

so you don't uninstall and use drivercleaner? Just overwrite?

LK what the heck are you talking about ? how do you adjust all your settings if you don't have a control panel ?

Make sure your control panel is un-installed ! un-install your overclocker because the Omega drivers have everything you need. Do Not ! un-install your drivers, run the Omega exe. and when the tab comes up asking about the 9500 hack click yes, when the tab comes up saying Omega drivers have now been extracted do you wish to install now click yes.

When you get this done and want to know what all the setting's in the wonderful ATI control panel should be set at I'd be more than happy too answer

Titanium Member
    I don't have a control panel - so I will install that now. There is an overclocker already installed - came with the drivers - I need to uninstall that?

I can't find 3.5 control panel - 3D guru says not found.
    Last edited by lynchknot; July 7th, 2003 at 02:33 AM.

LK if you don't have a contol panel then why are you going to install one...so you can un-install it ?...lol
    If you don't have a control panel because you already un-installed it then don't worry about it...grrr install the Omega's

In my post did I say un-install the overclocker???? yes I did so do it

Titanium Member
    So now I have no OC and no adjustments?

Is this for the Radeon 9700 Pro too? I dont have a control panel either but it may be that I opted not to have/use it when I installed the original card and drivers.I jus dont bother to overclock anymore these days.

Titanium Member
    Fasty, you say not to install contol panel then you say, "When you get this done and want to know what all the setting's in the wonderful ATI control panel should be set at I'd be more than happy too answer" - you are confusing.