Thread: RIAA hit by EFFing music campaign

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

RIAA hit by EFFing music campaign

The Electronic Frontier Foundation will formally announce today a campaign aimed at persuading American citizens to demand changes in the copyright laws.

The "Let the Music Play" campaign, said the EFF, will counter the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) bid to file thousands of lawsuits against people who use file sharing software.

Shari Steele, head of the EFF claimed that copyright law in the USA is out of kilter with the views of the American public.She said: "Rather than sue people into submission, we need to find a better alternative that gets artists paid while making file sharing legal".

The campaign will place adverts in a number of publications and attempt to make it easy for voters in the USA to write Congress politicians.

Senior lawyer Fred von Lohmann claimed: "Congress needs to spend less time listening to record industry lobbyists and more time listening to... 60 million Americans who use file sharing software today".

View: EFF Homepage

source: The Inquirer

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Will be good to see the effect from this EFFing Advertising

About time someone has come out and said that Gov should listen to the people that voted for them and not people who just want to make money!!

That boycott is looking good

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Originally posted by cash_site
    Will be good to see the effect from this EFFing Advertising

About time someone has come out and said that Gov should listen to the people that voted for them and not people who just want to make money!!

That boycott is looking good
    The Gov is for big business and always has been.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Yeah Thor, its a shame that Gov's all over the world are like that. Some things are fun though, like you can fly a MIG-25 Jet fighter for a few thousand $ in Russia

Ahh... dont you just love fallen cold-war governments :biggrin:

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    YEAHH, lets boycott the RIAA
    I won't buy another CD....wait, I haven't buy a CD since January, and I bought it thru eBay because it was sold in Honk Kong (Utada's First Love).
    Well, what about the CDs previous??......Ohh, nop, those I bought thru the Internet and were International too.
    hummm.....Ohh Yeahh, I bought some CDs in October, but in Argentina
    .....Last CD I bought in US was for Back Friday 2000. Cds were on sale at 9.99$ and I only bought 6