Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my new 1700xp

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar

Got my new 1700xp

and with the luck of the draw I got a "b" t-bred. There is a lot of "a"s going around newegg.com. got the sucker to 2000+ 12x166 @1.65v. Did several burn ins with sissoft, prime95, memtest, 3dmark and passed with flying colors. Oh yeah now getting 10800 3dmark 01.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Nice job phish welcome too the 2g club those XP 1700's are the best bang for the $$ !!

Did you write down the stepping of the CPU ?

of course I knew that would be the first thing you would ask... DUT3C JIUB. gonna give it a couple of days of MOHAA before I try 12.5 and my temps actually went down to 39c. So looks like stripe will be getting a present tomorrow and a faster FTP.

Titanium Member
    2...2....2G club?

Looks like your temp is right where it should be 12.5 @166=XP 2600 should be no problem

That Ole T-Bird should do Stripe good, makes me happy ta see it MHZ'n away year after year

Originally posted by lynchknot
    2...2....2G club?
    Hmm I prolly could help you out but to be quite honest I thought you were into software.....

Nope...looked everywhere and couldn't find a place where you can download an NF2 board & XP 2600....hold on I'll try emule..hehe

BTW lynch J/K ya

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    I want to try and put a 1700XP in my ABIT kt7a, would be a nice increase from the duron 800 in there already. They are dirt cheap now, so good bang for $$ How do you tell if its an 'a' or 'b' ??

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Titanium Member
    Originally posted by FastGame
    Hmm I prolly could help you out but to be quite honest I thought you were into software.....

Nope...looked everywhere and couldn't find a place where you can download an NF2 board & XP 2600....hold on I'll try emule..hehe

BTW lynch J/K ya

Good going Phish!

2Gee club?

I really do not have that much software. I only have 24 gigs out of 80 total used.

As far as your PM goes:
    I don't know FG. It took 5 minutes to post this. If I have more than 1 extra app open then everything becomes "unresponsive" - I'll click on something and nothing happens for long time. I can't even open task manager for several moments.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar

I don't know FG. It took 5 minutes to post this. If I have more than 1 extra app open then everything becomes "unresponsive" - I'll click on something and nothing happens for long time. I can't even open task manager for several moments.
    Is your Sony PC still with you?

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    So looks like stripe will be getting a present tomorrow and a faster FTP.
    I'm already drooling in anticipation. It will be a VERY nice increase from the 900 in the server right now.

Titanium Member
    Originally posted by Conan
    Is your Sony PC still with you?
    It's here but it's no longer mine. It is empty as it's only an E-mail checker and word processor - used very infrequently.
    Last edited by lynchknot; July 16th, 2003 at 14:27 PM.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    It's here but it's no longer mine. It is empty as it's only an E-mail checker and word processor - used very infrequently.
    You may want to swap machines again if it's stability that you're after.

Originally posted by cash_site
    I want to try and put a 1700XP in my ABIT kt7a, would be a nice increase from the duron 800 in there already. They are dirt cheap now, so good bang for $$ How do you tell if its an 'a' or 'b' ??
    I'll use phishhead's code...DUT3C JIUB. The JIU*B* indicates a B core, it would be JIU *A* for the A core.

Here's some Good info on AMD CPU's.

@lynch, do as Conan suggest

check this out should explain it http://www.techzonez.com/forums/show...&threadid=5924 very confusing at first til I did alittle surfing. and the amd forum is great for info, but man do I feel like a noob over there.

DUT3C JIUB these are the ones selling at newegg. they are low end T-breds "b" though. if it was an A instead of J then that would be the high end ones I think the voltage is higher and the wafer has more layers or something like that. FG could correct me if I'm wrong.