Thread: Isdn

Angry Isdn

I need help as im not very technically minded altho i am ok with installing Hardware, new drivers etc.

I have an ISDN Internet connection as ADSL is not available in my area and isnt likely to be.
    I had no trouble untill lately when i bought a new motherboard.
    An Asus A7N8X Deluxe.

Since i set it up with my existing set up, XP1800 CPU 512DDR Ram
    2 HDs CDRW and DVD ive had connectopn problems.

My connection seems fine on Mirc however (i have a 2Hour cut off) when i play online games or download and im using bandwidth i lose the connection every time and the time is random (ie no 20 mins like the disconnect if idle), it can be 5 mins or 55 mins.

Ive had the line checked by BT ive also called my ISP who say no problems their end.

If i set my old PC up which is an old PC with my old motherboard and my One ISDN Modem, its fine again, also if i try the USB Modem that comes as standard with the New set up i still have the problem which rules out a modem problem.

Ive tried disabling various parts of the new Mobo to no Avail, ie Sound, Lan, USB 2.00.

Im at a total loss and it seems im not alone ie

http://www.btsuck.org/?article=126

Similar problems but no solution.

If anyone has any ideas please reply to this thread or mail me.

darrylhe@lineone.net

Ta

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    which nic are you using that board has the nvidia and 3com nic onboard or are you using a pci nic. if so try disabling the onboard. or try reinstalling the drivers and only enable one to test.

Nic

Im using the onboard Nvidia

(XP Pro OS BTW)

MMMMMM

OK i checked the Bios, ive already got 3com and 1394 firewire disabled. Dont know what an a97 modem controller is for.

Prob is still here tho.

Is it worth trying a PCi Lan card ??

I have the same board and am using the 3Com connection on cable without any problems. Try switching nics. I haven't gone through your 'gripe' link yet so................

I have lost connection occasionally but not due to the nic. Others in my area experienced the same thing but calls to support always got the same answer..."Everything fine on this end."

Shadow_Warez seems to be the A7N8X resident guru.
    Last edited by Thor; July 16th, 2003 at 19:00 PM.