Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grrrrr

Titanium Member

Grrrrr

OMG I hate this computer sooooo much. It's driving me crazy i want to smash it to pieces. Unfortunately, this is not a good first impression of the AMD processor.
    This machine has decided it does not want Sygate Pro anymore so I had to install that annoying Zone Alarm.
    I'm getting blue screen, IRQ not less or equal on EVERY single re-boot. Sometimes apps are snappy and work well, mostly they are unresponsive and work several minutes later. ARRGHHH

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Sygate refuses to install even after a re-boot? My suggestion in another thread was to take back your Sony PC and leave that AMD machine for e-mail. Move your DVD-drive over to the Sony PC.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Sell that machine on ebay if you are having that many issues with it. Salvage the DVDR drive for your sony, put the large HDD on it, reinstall the Sony OEM OS, and say goodbye to your troubles.

Or do as Conan suggested and use the AMD machine for email, and use your SONY for everyday use.

I bet it is that motherboard and not the chip itself. That is just my guess.

I've never owned a BIOSTAR motherboard so I don't know. Try getting a newer motherboard, they are cheap, and get rid of that BIOSTAR.

If you pay for shipping, I'll even install the new motherboard, get it working flawlessly, install all your software and lock the PC down with a stripped down user account so you can't touch it Then it will forever be problem free. BUt the shipping will cost you a pretty penny to send it to Japan.

As for the new MOBO:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=31496

That seems to be a good deal, but then I would ask FG for a better AMD mobo recommendation.

Titanium Member
    Well, I can't take back the Sony - i'm stuck with this. I only see blue screens when I turn it off or reboot - so I guess it's alright. This machine is better at games, when they are working - I can tell the difference. Right now it's getting 4100 3D mark 2003 scores which is a whole lot better than the Sony. The games play smooth and not "stuttering".

I wouldn't suggest any used hardware for Lynch unless it came from one of us who can be trusted.

note to self.
    No used hardware to Lynchster Got it

Lynch, I really don't see how your hardware can be responsible for all those software incompatibilities.. I just don't see it happening.. BUT I am not saying it isn't possible. Anything is possible

My question is this:
    if it worked before, what did you do to stop it from working? Did you uninstall it? Did you upgrade it recently? Did you install some other program, and it stopped working? What exactly caused it to stop functioning? Because you said it did work... so I am wondering what is going. once we know that, then we might be able to help.
    Last edited by Big Booger; July 17th, 2003 at 09:24 AM.

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    Lynch,

Why dont you ship the PC to me here in California. Phishhead and I will get it running perfect. I even have a spare MOBO (not the best though) that we can throw in it. We'll also get all your apps running quick and smooth for you.

Originally posted by Stripe
    Lynch,

Why dont you ship the PC to me here in California. Phishhead and I will get it running perfect. I even have a spare MOBO (not the best though) that we can throw in it. We'll also get all your apps running quick and smooth for you.
    Great offer! Can you live a couple of days without your PC Lynch?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Ok lynch so far BB, Stripe, phishhead, Fastgame have all offered to fix your PC and you should know by now that Techzonez is unlike any other Community ! the members here take care of each other if givin the chance !!! You need too understand that whoever you send that PC is the one taking the chance ! not you !

I suggest you send that PC off to California & between the four of us that dam thing will get fixed !!! phishhead is running a top of the line AMD system without issue ! why ? because when someone offered help he used a simple YES!, Stripe has a nice powerful AMD server with lot's of ram! why ? because he said YES! when the offer came up! Now I'm not say that if you send that PC you'll in return get back a brand new XP 3000 filled with Corsair ram.... no you'll get back a PC that works whatever is in the box !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to topic.....Grrrrrrr

Originally posted by Conan
    Great offer! Can you live a couple of days without your PC Lynch?
    Hell no, it would drive him crazy not being on that PC 10hrs a day... lynch send that PC off...I suggest Sex for a replacement till you get the PC back....Hmmmm wonder if lynch can do sex for as long as he does the PC...lol
    Last edited by FastGame; July 17th, 2003 at 13:40 PM.

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    Hell no, it would drive him crazy not being on that PC 10hrs a day...
    It would drive ME crazy not being able to use my PC for that long....and My Wife for having to deal with me not on the PC for that long
    I suggest Sex for a replacement till you get the PC back....
    I agree 2 million percent....Sex is always a good alternative to everything except for abstinance

Titanium Member
    I appreciate the offers fellas, but I think I should learn to deal with these issues - with your guidance when needed.
    My issue today is I still cannot install Sygate (or NAV for that matter). Sygate says there is a component missing. (I'm visiting the Mule at this moment to see if there is a problem with the file(s) I have)

It did not blue screen this time, on reboot, but it took a really long time to do so.

check your error logs in the admin tools of XP.

Titanium Member
    Ok this is strange. It has to be something in my PC that is preventing Sygate from installing.

Titanium Member
    You mean this? What does it mean?

Titanium Member
    Sygate: