Thread: USB Flash Drive protection??

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

Question USB Flash Drive protection??

well, I don't really know if I should post this here, but since it is to use between 2 XP I guess it will go here
    I have a USB Flash Drive, to move files between work and home, but since some of those files are sensitive, I would like to protect them, password protection would be the best.
    Anyone knows how to do this??

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    I believe most usb mini drives have security built in. dont have one. but the ones I see advertised have the security option.

They have like a lock to avoid writing on them, like a floppy disk, but my intention is to make the files unreadable to anyone but me, like password protect them, in case I lose it.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Thanks, actually I had an easier solution, but similar but they didn't accept it.
    My solution was to create a password protected rar file, and drag to the file the content that you want to protect, it will prompt for the password and update the content. Tip, check in the adding menu, and and update, so that way it is faster when working with more files, it only re-writes the files changed.
    Easy solution, and it only requires a drag from the user, but the user is so lazy, that we had ordered a USB drive (Flash drive) that has some kind of feature built in. I will let you know more about it once I get my hands on it