Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speeding, I was caught

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Speeding, I was caught

I just got nabbed doing 93 in a 60. It is a 4 lane highway. 2 lanes going north, and two going south separated by a road barrier. I was at a light, first in pole position and I hit the gas. Was talking to my wife not paying attention really as we were going to wax the car and walk the dog. Look up and see the paddy wagon on the left side of the road.. and this Japanese cop comes running out onto the 2 lane highway waving a flag at me.. so I pull off, the cop comes up, starts speaking Japanese.. I haven't the foggiest what he is saying.. I give him my license as I kind of figured maybe that was what he was blabbering about.. He starts talking to my wife and tells me I was doing 93 in a 60.. I told him I didn't know how fast I was going as I wasn't really paying attention to the speedometer. Well he gets me out and makes me go have a look at the radar.. sure enough it says 93km/h. I was 33km/h over the limit.

So he tells me to go sit in the back of the paddy wagon. I think he is going to write me a ticket and send me on about my way.. little did I know. Now a little about where I am at in mental mode and physical surroundings:

1 we are on a road that is between two Japanese rice fields out in the "boonies" of Japan. I am inside a tiny little van, with 6 seats. My head rubs the ceiling when standing.. The van is white, and has the police decals all over it.. the cop looks like the cops from Anime cartoons.. all blue, with black boots, black gloves, white helmet, no gun, 1 stick etc...

I am asked all my info, but as I don't understand a word the cop is saying, I have my wife inside translating. She is going through the same thing as I. I felt like sh*t for her..

He continues asking sh*t, and she provides him things and then he oversteps what I consider the privacy bounds by asking me my employers name and address.. my wife asks me to make sure, and I say I'd rather not give that information. The cop says fine and marks it out on the document. I go on and on about how I am sorry, and such.. this all took about 1 hour. Afterward I am thinking of how to get out of this, so I am thinking of refusing to sign the document after he is finished based on the fact that their machine could be wrong, I've never gotten a ticket in japan in my life etc...

Well, to make it short, he radios in to the main branch and finds out how I can not lose my license, how it can be cheap, and the easiest court I have to attend.. After hearing the news I ask him what will happen if I leave the country and not come back.. he was shocked, but didn't give a rats ass either way.. so I tell him I'll sign and am debating what to do now.

The price of the ticket will be between 30000-60000 yen.. then the cost of court, driving school, and the penalty school (*dont ask I have no idea what the hell that is) etc.. and then my insurance will go up.

I know I was speeding and was doing something wrong, but JESUS CHRIST.. give a man a break.. I mean I wasn't drag racing, wasn't driving in an erroneous or felonous way, I was speeding. Give me a ticket and I'll pay my fine..

And get this, he went on to tell me that had I been doing 29KM over, I'd pay a small fine and be given a warning.. What a crock of cow dung..

Well I came home and put a nice big hole in my wall that will have to be patched.. what a retard I am.

That is my great day today!

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    It's hard to keep within the speed limit in a Turbo car!

:d yeah I learned the hard way.. but come one 3KM less and I'd have a warning.. I can say this, Japanese don't have compassion.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    LOL, sorry BB, but I was waiting for you to get in some sort of trouble with that car of yours.... j/k I mean you have to see the funny side of it all, we spent all this time building up the tension of getting the new TURBO car etc... I thought you would have been nabbed when you went to the Stars wars Show

I was doing 180KM/hr ++
    Dont get me wrong, I HATE c*ppers too. In Aus thats all they do, sit in the car with radar and raise MILLIONS of $$, thats how they afford the lastest performance vehicles for Highway Patrol

You could have argued that the speedo said you were doing less than 30km/h over the limit to get the warning. But in Aus, we have a 10% margin from the manufacturer but the c*pper will fine you more than 3%!!

Must have been an experience though, a little surreal with Anime Police LOL... well hope you get through the court stuff etc.

Might be time to invest in Radar Detector or Jammer

Are you regretting buying the car yet? Dont worry bro, thats part of owning a fast car... lucky the c*ppers dont hunt for hoons.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    lol....Should you change your handle to "Big Footer"...

I'm gonna look into one of those radar jammers ASAP. But I am afraid it may not work, and then I'd be screwed.

It's just that at 60KM/h that is 40mph. I mean in America school zones are registered at 40mph.. 93 is 57MPH.. and if you could see the road I was travelling on..

I will slow down for a while, but as soon as I get that radar jammer, it's TURBO TIME!!! BEWARE YOU JAPANESE MOTORISTS, booger is on the loose

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Get them to test their Radar equipment.
    Your car couldn't reach 93 KMH,even downhill with a hurricane blowing behind it.

Trade the car in Boogs,i've found you the perfect replacement.

http://phototravels.net/japan/pcd1663/rickshaw-84.3.jpg

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

now I can laugh. 4 hours ago, I was hot.. and steamed. Still am a little.. but thus is life.

That Rickshaw looks awful speedy hehehe

Piper you sir are a hoot.
    Last edited by Big Booger; July 24th, 2003 at 15:12 PM.

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Boogs, if anyone knows the pain of getting a huge speeding fine and then losing your licence, it is me. A while ago, I was booked after traveling at 110km/h in a (temporary) 60km/h zone - open country road, NO traffic! That cost me $300 AUD and I lost my licence for 3 months!!!!

Revenue made from speeding fines is big business over here and the police are like hawks. They will now even book you for travelling 3km/h over the limit.

But hey, I can laugh now and I learnt my lesson pretty quickly

So just take it easy Big Footer and wait a 6-8 months before starting to speed again

Everyone has a ticket story. Mine came three weeks after moving to Galena, Illinois from Germany. Remember that there no speed limit on the autobahn. I still had a lead foot when I went through a speed trap in East Dubuque, IL. I sailed through a 30 mph section at 52 mph. That one cost me nearly $75 in fines and $300 a year in additional insurance cost. The total was nearly $1000.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    additional insurance cost
    This is one of the worst side-effects of speeding... the fine is a bit of a hit, but the increase in insurance can really hurt, could be difference of trading the car for the RickShaw or adding a BIGGER turbo

So just take it easy Big Footer and wait a 6-8 months before starting to speed again
    Nah, what are the chances of getting caught again, risk it now!! j/k We always get caught when we least expect it, remind to tell you some of my stories Im sure Supa can say some - Three cars wide down a two-lane road

Just take it easy, we dont want fried Booger.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Originally posted by cash_site
    Three cars wide down a two-lane road
    I remember that event like it was yesterday

WARNING: We are trained professionals, do not try to perform this stunt at home!

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    I remember that event like it was yesterday

WARNING: We are trained professionals, do not try to perform this stunt at home!
    Ha-ha! You should try driving here, traffic laws are almost never enforced!

I like the sound of that..hehe

The funny thing is, in japan, the cops always are at the same place. I knew the area and spot where they'd be, but I was just jabbering away with my wife not paying attention like a moron. LOL

I'll go through hell I am sure, but I can post about it and have the experience in the future. Japan loves to make people go through the red tape, and in fact they smother you with it if you break the rules LOL