Thread: Direcway Satellite Problem

Direcway Satellite Problem

I am likely to be away for a while. The transmit element in the Satellite system is failing. I never know if I will be able to connect.

To my surprise, Direcway is sending a new unit for installation. They have also arranged for the technician to make the installation. All without charge.

I should be up and running the middle of next week.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    That's pretty good service! Very surprising

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    They probably have known of this failure for a little while, so they will replace it free - as they should anyway

Well hope its easy for you.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    As you know efc I have the Direcway satellite also.I forgot wheather you have a one way or a two way system?I may be having the same trouble.Slow browsing sometimes have to restart my pc and other times it's ok.The problem has been more frequent latley.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I am online at the moment.

My problem was not being able to connect to internet. For Zipp51 - it is a two-way system. I would be surfing and suddenly could not get the next page. After investigating, I would find that I was not connected and that nothing I would try would change that. I spent hours on three separate occasions, talking to tech support, before they determined that the transmit unit was at fault.

I give them high marks on the service. I thought that I had an expensive piece of equipment to purchase or face a return to dial-up.

Back up and running. Speed is definitely faster.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Gee EFC, that was a fairly quick turn around, from having an almost disabled system to faster WWW. It shows great service on Direcway's part.

I wish they were here, I would sign up in a heart beat!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

I've had frustrations with Direcway in the past, however this experience has gone a long way in building my satisfaction. It is a possibility that many of my past problems has been the result of the transmit unit going bad. I had never known that they would replace faulty components without charge. I always believed that a bad component would have to be bought at my cost. The only cost to me was return shipping of the old parts. That was off-set by a two week credit for my partial service. Not bad.

Only time will tell whether performance will be more dependable. I will report back in a few weeks.