Thread: Mozilla Tab Question

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Mozilla Tab Question

Ok, so I have mozilla installed on my laptop. I am wondering, how do I make it open with my favorite tabs already open?

For example, I visit Techzonez, CNN, google, Nissansilvia, ebay, yahoo, and a few others everyday. I want mozilla to automatically open up 5-10 tabs with my favorite sites as default.

That way I don't have to keep opening tabs up everytime I run mozilla. Is this possible? If so, can you walk me through the steps to setting mozilla up to function this way.

Thanks,

BB - This might not be right. I have crippled Mozilla while testing Firebird and Thunderbird. With that the case, I cannot test this suggestion.

Create a folder in the Personal Tool Bar. Open each site that you want to open in Tabs and then Drag and Drop the address into that folder. Now each of the addresses will load in a separate tab when you mouse wheel click. I know - you don't have a mouse. Go to preferences>advanced > mouse. I think there is a way to configure Keyboard combinations for the mouse click.

If not, I bet there is an extension to accomplish this. I seem to remember that I started a thread a while back with all of the Firebird extensions listed. There is probably one for Mozilla. I will take a look and get back to you.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

I didn't find a good way to do it in Mozilla. In Firebird however, you can use the procedure I suggested above (putting all of the links) in a folder on the personal toolbar. Now you can click (enter) on Bookmarks, choose the folder and then choose "open in tabs".

Second method is chose the folder on the personal toolbar, hit enter and choose "open in tabs".
    Last edited by efc; August 15th, 2003 at 02:36 AM.

Titanium Member
    Ok, when you've got all your tabs up (you did get that far - correct?), go to Edit/Preferences/ - under Category go to Navigator - put a mark on Home page then click "Use current group" Browser will open all tabs automatically upon start up.
    Similar procedure with Firebird (which I highly recommend over Mozilla)
    Last edited by lynchknot; August 15th, 2003 at 02:54 AM.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    In Phoenix I just put my links in groups then at then bottom of the group it says open in tabs, I click that and all the links open at once.

Wait for lynchknot the man of 18 tabs...lol, he can probley help.

[edit]=LK beat my refresh....good job LK I knew you could do it
    Last edited by FastGame; August 15th, 2003 at 02:56 AM.

Titanium Member
    Fastgame, you can have all your favorites tabs open up automatically as soon as you start your browser. In Firebird: Tools/Options/General tab/ - click "use current pages" (tabs) done. Whatever tabs you have open when you do this will open exactly the same.
    BTW, I have updated a few themes. Here is one i'm working on right now

Last edited by lynchknot; August 15th, 2003 at 03:01 AM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Damn lynch, that did it.
    Sweet.

This makes mozilla 10X better than Internet Explorer.. think of all the time you'll save.. by not putting in those URLs.. opening new pages..etc...

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Thanks lynch but I'm still on dialup so I just have small groups set_up so I can just select the ones I want depending on how I feel that day...oh I have TZ in every group so it's always included

If I had high speed net I would open 18 tabs at startup

Lynch,

That is a great solution.