Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 21.43%
  • No

11 78.57%

Thread: How bad was the worm

How bad was the worm

I am curious as to how many TZ members were infected with a virus or worm since 8/15/2003.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    didn't get the blaster,and had a sobig.F email deleted by NAV at the mail server end before it could be downloaded.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Received tons of sobig infected e-mail through Yahoo Groups but NAV caught and deleted them all.

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

Exclamation nasty

my notebook made love wit that blaster worm, and kept on doing over and over and ater clean installs, lol i used my firewall hardware and software, but sobig never bother me, guess it saw my notebook was gettin busy wit balster! lol but since then i been combating but i was a wreck when i had seen ever single serviced disabled in windows lol that was a first, but they can all lol but now my notebook is again thankx to perfect disk, and all my tweaks,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    I've never had a virus/trojan/worm, but then again I always pay attention to Reverends month in advance warnings

Oh and NAV always helps....

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I wasn't affected and I didn't even see it. IT never reached my PC, and I was on vacation with the PC on all the time
    I guess I am lucky

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Didn't get to my machine.Sygate Pro,McCafee v7,Trojan Remover.There will be more coming so keep everything updated.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Originally posted by zipp51
    Didn't get to my machine.Sygate Pro,McCafee v7,Trojan Remover.There will be more coming so keep everything updated.
    Running the same blockers as Zipp and havent been infected yet
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    got hit with the blaster virus when I disconnected my router and plugged right into the internet.

Haven't got the Sobig virus (yet )

No infections but lots of emails!

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Nothing close to home - thank god

Got Sobig and Nachi at work and a few of my mates got Blaster on their home PC but I lucked out ..hehe

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    never got the virus or the worm but i received major calls from people asking for help to get rid of the worm and the shutdown problem

at work over the 2 day weekend i received over 1500 emails that were the sobig virus with headings like your details, re:thank you etc....

the weird thing is that i also received emails from isp's suggesting that i emailed out the virus to people

these were automated replies and i am happy to report that it was not true and the virus actually spoofed email address from the victims address book and sent out emails that appear to come from genuine sources.

this is also confirmed on techtv and this shows how the virus population has stepped up from a stupid msdos type virus to a full featured windows type of full rich features and complex capabilities

the virus also installs a trojan and loggs into a chat room waiting to do mass destruction if directed to!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I received this email from Direcway over the week-end.

So far, our results fit right in with theirs.
    YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION IS REQUIRED

As you may know, the MSBlaster virus was discovered recently and has caused significant problems throughout the Internet community. "Blaster", as it is commonly known, uses a Windows vulnerability to spread allowing it to infect computers without requiring any action on the part of the user. What we've found is that many of our DIRECWAY users are not aware that they are infected. While the DIRECWAY network is not infected, approximately 10-20% of DIRECWAY end-users are infected with the Blaster virus. Those infected with the virus are causing severe service degradation for the entire user population.
    I spent time with Direcway tech support on another issue yesterday. The support tech stated that the calls were comming in a hundred at a time. The feeling that I got from him is that it is far from being under control.
    Last edited by efc; August 26th, 2003 at 15:15 PM.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    got tons of mail re: the sobig. but NAV took care that and took about 4hrs last tues. cleaning other techs pcs that were infected. and couldnt even boot stripes up...you guys need to talk to him I'd be worried him giving advice to other members.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    My grandmother got the Blaster, and we have no idea how
    My boss got the sobig, but I did a scan in the network and it is not here David always keep the network TIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
    We were lucky to be hit with the LOVE GATE virus, because that game me enought argument to install Norton on all PCs. Yes, we didn't have it in each PC