Thread: AMD XP 2600 40GB 256 64MB V+S + Lan COMPUTER

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

AMD XP 2600 40GB 256 64MB V+S + Lan COMPUTER

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Computer System

Free Assemble & Test 72 Hours Burn ship with in 4 Days or Free Shipping. All the components are Brand NEW

Case LCT Mid-Tower 7 Bay 400 Watts Case
    Motherboards PC Chips 848LMU SiS746 266/333MHz with AGP 8X , Sound & LAN,USB 2.0, ATX
    CPU AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 2.13 GHz 333FSB
    Cooling Fans Thermaltake A1390 (Volcano 8) Heat Sink & Cooling Fan for AMD Atlon XP Duron
    Memory PC2100 DDR 266 256MB
    Hard Drives Maxtor OEM 40gb ATA133 Ide Internal
    Video Cards 64MB 4X AGP DDR GeForce4 MX440 TV/out Not Intergrated
    CD ROMs LG 52x CD-ROM INT
    Warranty 1Years Labor,1Year Parts, Lifetime Tech Support (TS)

Just bought that PC for my other brother. Hopefully he will enjoy it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=38114&rd=1

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    You are such a nice brother I'm sure he will enjoy it

FG,
    Any word on that PC Chips motherboard? I looked for a review of it but couldn't find a single one.

The Processor is decent, graphics card acceptable, the Hard disk is fine for now, as he is stuck with dialup. The motherboard is upgradeable, with the AGP 8X, 5 PCI slots, etc...

He'll most likely get a new CDRW/DVDRW drive, an LCD monitor, new graphics card, etc... But for now this is a decent machine as a starter PC. He's 18, and his last PC was a PII 266.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Big Booger
    FG,
    Any word on that PC Chips motherboard? I looked for a review of it but couldn't find a single one.

http://www.techwarelabs.com/reviews/...cchips_m847lu/

It's an LU not LMU but it seems close enough.

FG,
    PC Chips MB are OEM type boards that shops use to pump out low cost systems, at one time they were (maybe still are ?) the bane of computer tech's I think they are ok now and will be inline with that BioStar that LK has. For a stock PC thats not going to be overclocked or tweaked your brother will be fine.

Look at this Review that PC Chips board will be some where in the range of the SiS746 board in the review.

Your brother will be getting decent performance at a good price....free

Thanks for those reviews:

Conan's review turned up some interesting results:

PCChips has produced an awe-inspiring motherboard. Combining the value and performance of two monumental SiS products (SiS 746 and Xabre 200), the PCChips M847LU offers system integrators and end users alike an excellent motherboard alternative to other motherboards using VIA and Nvidia's newest KT400 and Nforce2 chipset solutions. The M847LU is also an all-around motherboard that takes full advantage of most features today's technology has to offer. To reiterate, this new PCChip motherboard features onboard 10/100 Ethernet, USB 2.0, AGP 8X, up-to-date IEEE 1394a Firewire; and a potent Xabre 200 graphics processor with dedicated 64MBs of 400 MHz DDR RAM (no more system memory sharing!). What more can one ask for?

Our benchmarks show that the SiS 746 + Xabre200 based PCChips M847LU performs competitively against the contending Nforce2 IGP, scoring higher marks than the Nforce2 IGP in 3DMark2001SE and PCMark2002. Moreover, it is also faster than the proven VIA KT333 and KT400 in several of our industry standard suite of tests. Lastly, let's not forget this caters to enthusiasts by incorporating limited tweaking features in the BIOS.

Since both SiS and PCChips are well known for the value and affordability of their fine products, we expect PCChips to competitively price their M847LU by undercutting Nforce2 IGP prices. Our supportive contact at PCWave has informed us that the suggested retail price will be around $97. Thus, the PCChips M847LU makes an attractive integrated motherboard solution definitely worth considering for its great performance, loaded features, and exceptional value, all bundled into one sweet motherboard.

Interesting review there. I doubt he will overclock it. No need really. He'll most likely upgrade it with a new CPU and graphics card later on.

He'll most likely upgrade it with a new CPU and graphics card later on.
    graphics card I understand, but CPU what the heck is wrong with the XP2600 ?????

I read the review Conan gave, looks like a nice board BB

Hey brother... you can drive one of those over to my place....

I have 2 PC Chips System boards. M935ALU which has the
    SiS651 Northbridge and the SiS962 Southbridge and a M925 which has the VIA VT8751 Northbridge and VT8233 Southbridge.

Quote from FastGame:

PC Chips MB are OEM type boards that shops use to pump out low cost systems, at one time they were (maybe still are ?) the bane of computer tech's I think they are ok now and will be inline with that BioStar that LK has. For a stock PC thats not going to be overclocked or tweaked your brother will be fine.

I have found this to be true as well. Both of the PC Chips system boards that I own are quirky and as long as the only thing you do is load em and use em you are O.K.. However I have had to do some hard thinking to get drivers and the like to work. Once again as FG stated the system that you have is newer and we all hope that it also has much improved.

Just some more info.........

We all should have brothers like BB. Way to go BB!

I just hope he is happy. Most likely the only things he will do will be the internet, gaming, email, and so on. he is not a graphics designer or a number cruncher.

I've never owned a PC Chips product so this will be my first experience with it as I am sure if he has issues, he'll be calling

Both of the PC Chips system boards that I own are quirky and as long as the only thing you do is load em and use em you are O.K..
    I hope there are no quirks, but if they are, guess it'll be a thread I'll be a posting

As for the CPU, instead of overclocking, he'll most likely upgrade to a 3200+ later on. The graphics card will most likely be first, then a CDRW drive, and so on.

i got a pc chips 830 mobo and i have to say its got the worst support i have EVER seen !!!!
    u get more help from 3rd party sites and pc chips will not reply to any emails u send and the online form never works....hmpf !!!

1 last side note...you might have some probs with the g-force card and the sis chipset....takes a lot of playing around with drivers but ive been told they can work together (sometimes).

sorry to put a downer on everything but thats life in the pc chips lane !!! hehe
    *- I must admit, you brought Religion into my life ... I never believed in Hell till I met you!! -*

thanks Style,

Just to be safe, I may tell him to get an ATI Radeon card.

I hope it doesn't give him any problems. But the ebay buyer offers technical support for a limited time.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    I have never dealt with the PC Chips Mobo's,but I use ECS K7S5A Pro boards which are a similar low end board with same features.Great all round performance with easy setup.Unless there is damage BB I think your bro will find the performance extremely snappy compared with his old P2 266 rig.If I was to upgrade it I would go with an ATI 9200,some PC2700 ddr ram of the 512mb persuasion,and a LiteOn CDRW 52x24x52.For sound,an audigy gamer card and Logitech 640 speakers.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I have currently an PCchips 810 LM (LRM or something similar)
    Man, got to tell you, it is a pain
    Support is horrible as Style said. Drivers are as they come in the CD. Never updated. I don't know about newer boards thought. But hey, they are cheap. Also I haven't had any problem with the board, it works fine and I make it work a lot, so they don't brake usually. And that is good, because you would be on your own.
    Now, that board seems to be pretty good. Maybe they changed the way to produce stuff. Like eMachines did. They offer cheap computers, but you actually get quite a lot in them, mostly for most users (not us thought)