Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I bought a new car

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

Talking I bought a new car

Well, 3 months passed, so I have to change oil to my car. My current Car is a Dodge Stratus '99.
    But wait, I also have to fix a little whick sound in the brake (I think is rusted since it was without use for 2 1/2 weeks)
    And the car tends to go to the right (I think I have different air presion in the tires, but haven't been able to find a good presure measure device)
    But that is not all, the worst par is that I have to clean my car. Ohh, no way!!!, Then I decided to go car shooping
    LOL, that sounds like a good story, but I was really looking for 3 months, it just coincided all.
    Anyhow, today I found the winner. I know Conan said that he doesn't like Eclipse, but that is what I got
    Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2001, V6 3.0L 24v, Leather seats, power mirrors, power windows, power lock, control remote, CD, AM/FM, Clock (yes, they put this in the web site) sopiler (all GT have it) Alloy Wheels (for Conan I will try to find out which brand and model)(The wheels are not the factory, these are really cool ones), new clotch (I think it is spelled like that), the brakes are new too and sport, the front grill was removed to add 2 more lights, and it has a leather cover. The car is black, with TAN seats (for the leather) The brakes are very responsive, only a light touch and you are already stopped
    power sunroof, Cruise Control, Manual 5 spd shit (I have to get acustom to this, I drove only sometimes {every time I stole my father car} manual, so it is like a challenge)
    The exhaust system is also changed, so it makes a very pleaseant roaring. It has another mod in the engine but I couldn't figure out with my friend what it was. I will send a picture too when I take them.
    It feels extremely nice to drive that car
    IT has 73K miles. Yeahh that is a lot.
    They were selling it for 12995$ (or 13K) and I said it was too much for the mileague so, after a long debating I got it reduced to 11,300$, but I found out that they were giving me only 3400 for my Stratus, which I payed 5995 (they were selling it for 8K) so I said no way, That is not money for a car. So I entered into some kind of trance and stopped listening to the salesman, and the manager came. He said what was the problem, so I explained that I couldn't understand the calculations, and that after paying the finance of my current car (I still own almost half) I wuld buy the car for 13 anyway, so it wasn't a good bussiness at all. So he said, well I sell it to you for 10.500 and you can sell your current car somewhere else. I thought it for a while and I liked the idea. I am sure I can get more for my car.
    BTW, in the middle I explained that one of my degres was accounting, so, if mathematically it didn't sound right, definitevely there was something wrong
    OK, so I got the car. Now I have another car to sell, and I really want to sell, if not in 2 months I will just have my salary directly deposited to the car's insurance. I already pay a lot. I don't want to imagine next month.
    I will post pics for your enjoyment. I think it is a pretty good car considering it is only my 3th car (I bought my first car just 9 months ago, so I am in a rate of a car every 4 months)
    BTW, I like Firebird Formula or Trans Am, but they are a bit more expensive, and olders (the newer I found was 1999) but they kind of scare me, because they look like they need more maintenance. But ghosh, do they look good!!!!!!

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Hey...cool...a car is next on my list of "Things to do"

Enjoy it It doesn't sound too bad...seems to have all the essentials

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Sounds like you shoved a banana up the salesmen's butt!!! Way to go DEHC! I hate pushy and sneaky salesmen. They are an irriatation of the utmost degree.. can't stand them. My grandpa used to be one and he knows the routine, the BS, how to upsale a customer, how to lock them into a high rate of interest, how to give them the least amount for their trade-in, while making them pay the most for the car they want to purchase. He told me about dealer fees * you can get these waved!!!! He told me about the options that the dealer doesn't pay for, but charges you for anyway... Glad you brought them down $3000.00 and now have your stratus to sell, which depending on mileage could bring you 4000-5000 for a 1999 model. I recommend trying to sell it on ebay, or to a friend. You'll get the most out of it. Surely more than they were willing to pay you for it.

The manual shift you will enjoy once you get it down! Nice ride! Way to go. Welcome to RICEVille.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar

Re: I bought a new car

Originally posted by Dehcbad25
    I know Conan said that he doesn't like Eclipse, but that is what I got
    Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2001, V6 3.0L 24v,
    I never said that I didn't like the Eclipse as it was 1 of the 2 choices I was considering when I bought my car. Although the 2001 Eclipse looks better than the older Turbo model, the Turbo model woud have been my choice since modifying it would be my priority. But it seems that you are perfectly happy with this model so enjoy it!

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    In most cases trading your car in is not in the buyer's interest.The salesman is thinking"how much can I make on the trade in".I just talked to a Chrysler dealer about trading in my Subaru Outback for a new Liberty and I stood to lose too much on that deal.Trade in offers were way too low and I know the Outbacks get good used retail.I came to my senses about the whole thing and realized my Outback was a better vehicle anyway.Sounds like you got a better deal Dechbad
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Well, I was on a previous deal before. Like 3 weeks ago and they were offering 7000 for my car (Stratus). It is in really good shape. They were asking 8K when I bought it, but I payed 6K for it.
    I believe I can sell it for more that what they wanted. Heck a lot more. 5000 sais the kbb, but they even gave me 3 years warranty for the car or 120,000 miles. That means that they trust it won't brake. I am taking it this week to have an inspection done, so I can use it to get a bit more.
    Conan, I just made the comment because I remember you saying that you liked more the turbo version. And I know you would mod it
    But me, I have no idea, so I prefer the newer one because it looks better. One thing that I would like to do if possible is to add it a rear wiper. I also noticed that in these cars the visibility is quite reduced. Have in mind I started driving a Taurus, also called by insurance companies "THE TANK"
    I noticed yesterday that the exhaust is Greedy. Ring a bell??
    Also the stick shitf is MOMO. I like it. The wheels I couldn't understand the name, but I think is the best part. In the motor it has a part that says NEM. I am trying to find out if it comes with that. I like the audio system too.
    I am still getting used to the manual shift. I improved a lot, because in the first 2 trips I WASTED (not the P2P program ) a quarter of a tank, and this thing uses premium OUCHHH
    I will take some pics if they day is nice tomorrow. Today I woke up really late. Driving the car is fun, but makes me tired It stalks every now and then.
    It is a bit dangerous for me. In delaware, driving laws are very strict, and there is cops everywhere. But I have a heavy feet and it is so easy to speed up in that car Gotta be careful.
    I am very happy with it. I get a nice feeling driving it. I just need a beautiful girl to take

I am very happy with it. I get a nice feeling driving it. I just need a beautiful girl to take
    That's easy

Just roll up along side a girl, in your ride and say 'How you doin' And you're in

Real smooth

I noticed yesterday that the exhaust is Greedy. Ring a bell??
    That's Greddy!

http://www.greddy.com/

Well Supastar It might work in Australia. I know that works in Argentina too. I would even get women to ask me for marriague. But here, I see more often girls driving Sport Cars than men. I think it has to do that Insurance doesn't raise up for them.
    To Conan, NOOO, REALLY??
    I meant with Ring a Bell if it is a good company
    BTW, I couldn't find the part online.
    Also, the car doesn't have a front grill covering the radiator. I guess I really need that in order to protect the car from any object sticking to the radiator. Suggestions??

Hehe, have 'em knock another $500 off the price!

Well, unfortunately I already have the car. Plus I already used that point
    OK, I finished a rought web site with the pictures. They are not very high quality because my digital camera is not good.
    And the web site is not good, because Dreamweaver gives me headaches to work with templates. (No way I start from ZERO)
    Anyhow, I think it is OK. The ones that do web desing will find familar things
    Anyhow here is the address for the Car's Site
    It is getting late and I am tired. Maybe I should so some course to learn Dreamweaver of Web Design

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Also, the car doesn't have a front grill covering the radiator. I guess I really need that in order to protect the car from any object sticking to the radiator. Suggestions??
    Where I live we use chicken wire and it works pretty good, keeps everything out but deer & large dogs....

Hey..that site isn't too bad. You could maybe put the images into a table to tidy them up..but apart from that, cool

The table I thought it was too comom, so I used that way, but then I use high resolution at my PC.
    Am I crazy, or the Eclipse comes with that grill I am taking about??

Originally posted by SupaStar
    Hey..that site isn't too bad. You could maybe put the images into a table to tidy them up..but apart from that, cool
    Not bad at all.