Thread: My MSIE address bar has vanished

My MSIE address bar has vanished

I need HELP in getting my address bar back. What can I do...what can I try?

I've no idea why the address bar in MSIE vanished. It was there last night but not this morning when I booted. This is what I get when I click on the MSN (www.msn.com) icon from my desktop:

Welcome to MSN.com - MSIE

File Edit View Favorites Tools Help

Back arrow, Foward arrow, Red X (stop), Refresh, Home, Search, Favorites, Media, History, Print, Mail, Edit...etc. (This is alll on 1 line)

Next 3 tabs: MSN Home My MSN Sign In

MSN Home My MSN Hotmail Search Shopping Money People and Chat

Search the Web (here there is a bar for typing in search items followed by a button marked SEARCH.

But there is no address bar!!!...the one with the down arrow where I can enter web addresses or select from the list when I click the down arrow.

Below this is all MSN stuff, links to articles and info...pictures, whatever.

I have tried getting the double-headed arrow to appear in the 2 toolbar areas, but no matter how I move the mouse around, no two-headed arrow appears.

If I go Tools > Internet Options the address for the home page is www.msn.com

Other than this my computer is working just fine. I'm running XP.

wumply
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Have you tried View > Toolbars > Address Bar.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Probably have to unlock the toolbars too if he's not getting any 'move' bars.

Reverend...Thor!!

Well, I am back in business. A relief!!!

I went View > Toolbars. Found 'lock the toolbars' was checked. I unchecked it.

Found 'address bar' was unchecked. I checked it.

Me and computers are the PRIME, PRIME, PRIME example of LIFELONG LEARNING!!!

I thank you both.

wumply

Thor...I'm working on the other problem of that sneaky ad.

btw, is it permissible to write out the words d___ and H___ in this forum?
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Originally posted by wumply

btw, is it permissible to write out the words d___ and H___ in this forum?
    Reverend will have to answer that but you've got to watch out for that bat!

Had to LOL at your riposte, Thor! But hey, when I've wanted to paste something from a previous post into my current response, I've used edit...copy...edit...paste, but when others want to do that, the word "quote" appears. Is what others do more efficient than edit...copy...edit...paste? And if so, how is it done?

wumply

To quote something from your previous posts in a thread,hit the Quote button located at the bottom right of the relevant post.If you want to quote from another members post use the same procedure as above but this time hit the Quote button under their post.

Hope that makes sense.

It makes sense...thanks.

wumply

Reverend...just happened (yes, after I sent my last post) to think do I need to do something different depending on whether I want to copy just a bit of the post in question maybe 2 bits of it?

wumply

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Reverend...just happened (yes, after I sent my last post) to think do I need to do something different depending on whether I want to copy just a bit of the post in question maybe 2 bits of it?

wumply
    Wumply, you need to add these tags to create your quotes.

"at the start of sentence:" [XQUOTEX] Originally posted by wumply

"at the end of sentence" [X/QUOTEX]

I put an x to prevent the quote from showing

simply copy these tages and place one in front of the sentance and one at the end and remove the x's
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Wumply?

do I need to do something different depending on whether I want to copy just a bit of the post in question maybe 2 bits of it?
    wumply
    John,you can delete the text you don't want from between the quotes tags. (Like i have done with your text in the quote above)

You may want to read the vBulletin vbcode help guide here, this shows you the various tags you can use in a post.
    Last edited by Reverend; September 10th, 2003 at 21:54 PM.

I was just going to ask you for the tutorial page Reverend.

Originally posted by egghead
    I was just going to ask you for the tutorial page Reverend.
    Thats what the vB Help button at the top of the page is for.

Originally posted by Reverend
    Thats what the vB Help button at the top of the page is for.
    there's buttons at the top of the page?

j/k

go's to press more buttons.............................................................