Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: missing drives

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Originally posted by lynchknot
    hehe - all the cables were tight and I have not moved the pc one inch for months. However, upon starting the pc up the drives are working now - cables have bad connections I guess - while still being powered but no signal. Thanks fellas!
    I have the same sort of thing Lynch, when ever I pull the power out from the PS ie going to lan parties... when I first turn the PC back on... i have no drives. I then have to shutdown, and reboot... not just restart from windows... then everything is back online.

Well, its good that is works again.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Originally posted by cash_site
    I have the same sort of thing Lynch, when ever I pull the power out from the PS ie going to lan parties... when I first turn the PC back on... i have no drives. I then have to shutdown, and reboot... not just restart from windows... then everything is back online.
    I thought Lynch's story sounded familiar

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    So if you haven't just uninstalled any Roxio SW, and if you go in and delete both the upper and lower filters, you can also try clearing the NVRAM for your MB and allow it to redetect the devices and if all else fails you can delete the PCI bus from Device Manager and let it redetect EVERY thing