Are you still using Microsoft Windows® 98? Learn why this Windows XP ExpertZone columnist thinks using Windows 98 instead of upgrading to Windows XP is about the same as sticking with a TV antenna instead of signing up for cable.

I've heard a lot of myths about Windows XP: It's just a business operating system. I can't upgrade my computer to Windows XP. It won't run all of my old programs. It forces me to use programs that I don't want to use. If I upgrade to Windows XP, I'm going to lose all my documents, settings, and programs. Many of these myths aren't true or are distortions of the truth. In this column, I'll sort out some of these myths.

The bottom line is that there is an upgrade available for your computer—it's Windows XP. And it's well worth the expense, considering that Windows XP is much faster, makes your computer more stable, makes connecting to the Internet easier, and keeps your data more secure. Using Windows 98 instead of upgrading to Windows XP is about the same as sticking with a TV antenna instead of signing up for cable. You don't know what you're missing until you get there, but after you make the change, you wonder why it took you so long.

View - Ten Myths about Windows XP