Thread: ORK & "Default delivery location" trouble

ORK & "Default delivery location" trouble

I am using the Office Resource Kit to create an MST file to setup custom settings for our install of officeXP. When I use ORK to create an MST for a machine using the XP OS and not 2000, it seems no matter what I try, the default delivery location for all mail is on the local computer in a PST file and not on the exchange server.

The settings that I have adjusted are:

Step 16 of 22: Outlook: Customize Default Profile
    I've chosen both: Modify Profile and New Profile (under new profile I choose the profile name Outlook)

Step 17 of 22: Outlook: Specify Exchange Settings
    I've chosen "Configure an Exchange Server connection"
    For Username I use %Username% and for Exchange Server I put in our exchange server name. I've tried creating MSTs with both "Overwrite existing exchange settings" checked and unchecked.

Step 18 of 22: Outlook: Add Accounts
    I choose the "Customize additional Outlook and profile account information" radial and then adjust the "Deliver new mail to the following location" from <default> to "Exchange Server". At one point I kept the "Do not customize Outlook profile and Account information" radial checked but that didn't help either.

These are typically the only changes I make.

After I create the MST and then try and install OfficeXP onto an XP machine and then login with a user that has average rights, they get all their mail delivered to a PST folder and not the exchange server.

Now what's really weird is that I finally *did* get it to work on one computer and when someone logs in the get all their mail directed to their exchange box and everything is fine but I can't get it to work on any other computer.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308997

It looks like you followed that article to a letter. However, do each client have separate user names for accessing Outlook?

For example, you can choose to use another system variable name if you have a separate user name for Outlook access
    Here's another article of worth:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;307868

What is odd is that it worked on one computer. Is there anything different about the one computer from the rest?