September 26th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Recovery Exchange 2000 Public folders?!?!
We migrate 2 weeks ago to win 2003 and exchange 2003.
we make an image of the old win 2000 server + exchange 2000.
with that migration we forgot to backup our Public Folder from exchange (the public folder include
few importanc Contacts (200 .vcf) files).
I can browse the image from the old exchange.
I find out that the public folders are stored in this both files:
Now the question: How I can recovery the complete Public folder???
September 26th, 2003, 13:34 PM
You'll need a professional product to do this. that or you'll have to purchase an exchange book that covers this process.. I tried locating one for free but it was impossible.
September 26th, 2003, 14:00 PM
September 26th, 2003, 14:06 PM
September 26th, 2003, 15:36 PM
have you try something from the site?
September 26th, 2003, 15:56 PM
I try all this stuff from this site but nothing help.
September 26th, 2003, 16:05 PM
Something else to try:
Try that book there. It lists what info is available:
This book provides detailed answers to the following questions:
* What information do I need to administer Exchange 2003?
* How do I configure settings at both the organization-level and the server-level to achieve specific Exchange 2003 goals?
* What do I need to know about recipients, messaging, the Exchange store, e-mail clients, and Exchange clusters in order to effectively manage these aspects of Exchange?
* How can I effectively manage e-mail recipients in my organization?
* What do I need to understand about routing groups, SMTP, and Internet connectivity to enable message flow in my organization?
* How can I provide and support e-mail clients for my users?
* How do mailbox stores and public folder stores work in Exchange 2003? What do I need to know to effectively administer them?
* How can I effectively administer clusters to achieve maximum reliability and availability?
* What tools and services are available for managing Exchange 2003?
* What is the recommended configuration for a four-node Exchange 2003 cluster?
* How do internal components interact in the Exchange store and what should I know about these components?
* What do I need to know about public folder replication and the replication process?
* What is full-text indexing and how can I effectively use full-text indexing in my organization?
* What tools and processes can I use to troubleshoot and remedy mailbox and public folder store problems?
I personally have used exchange all of a couple of times.. so I am not that familiar with it.. I wished I was.. and I might this weekend install it and try it out..