Thread: Band goes ahead with Webcast suicide

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Band goes ahead with Webcast suicide

Members of a Florida-based rock band are to Webcast the suicide of a terminally ill friend during a secret concert on Saturday despite moves to outlaw the gig.

Hell on Earth had planned to stage the event at a venue in St. Petersburg, Florida, but city officials sought an injunction banning the event.

Even though officials have not ruled out the idea that the suicide bid is a publicity stunt for the band, they still decided to go-ahead with the ban.

However, the band remains defiant and insists it will go ahead with the show.

A statement on Hell on Earth's Web site reads: "Due to the overwhelming response and in accordance with an oath, bandleader, BillY Tourtelot gave to his terminally ill friend, the show scheduled for October 4th will indeed take place at an undisclosed location in St. Petersburg City limits.

"It will be broadcast live over the Internet on www.hellonearth.net. The show will include a live suicide by a terminally ill Euthanasia Society member."

According to the band's Web site: "Past band performances have included sodomizing skinned calves and blending dead rats then having fans drink the concoction."

The Register

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Sounds like a bunch of sick F***s to me...

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Originally posted by rik
    Sounds like a bunch of sick F***s to me...
    My sentimonies exactly.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    i know this is a news story but i preferr not to give these ***** exposer.

if people like this **** they can find it in the pits of the internet

egghead
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    It's like The Jerry Springer Show,or Jenny Jones Show,they exploit everything and anything for shock value.I believe in Web Freedom however and they have a perfect right to express themselves however sick(without commiting a crime)they want to be.I,will not be watching the sick f***s.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I fully believe that "people" (and I use that term loosely in this case) can express themselves without shock value, vulgarity, obscenity, and without hurting others or animals. But it seems that something is illegal about all of this if not completly immoral. Maybe the animal rights activists should hear about this...

I have nothing to add or disagree with about this thread. Everyone has nailed the issue.

Hey Egghead, can you give us the meaning of your new sig. If the meaning is what I think, maybe you should add some things to the car. You know, a radiation hazard symbol, bio hazard symbol and a grim reaper.
    Last edited by efc; October 2nd, 2003 at 12:50 PM.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Originally posted by efc

Hey Egghead, can you give us the meaning of your new sig. If the meaning is what I think, maybe you should add some things to the car. You know, a radiation hazard symbol, bio hazard symbol and a grim reaper.

The pic is from Midnight Run that has been cropped by me and the words Microsoft have been added to the police car.
    M$ appears to be chasing 2 cars that could mean anything from chasing consumers dollars to sniffing their accounts. It could also be M$ is chasing pirates and the pirates are always 2 car lengths ahead of the game.

I really like the sig and It can be interrpreted many ways which gives me enormous pleasure when thinking up these crazy idea's.

What is your meaning? am I off the mark?

Someone should change the Microsoft to RIAA!
    We should add symbols to the car like the race drivers ad advertisers!

cheers
    egghead

What is your meaning? am I off the mark?
    Noooo. When you think of MS everyone will have their own mental images. Mine happen to be blue screens, petulance and security patches.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition