Hello-

As my computer powered up from standby, it "hung" this AM. After several reboots, I discovered the Promise RAID Array Driver reported a "Critical Error" on one of my two SATA 120 GB Seagate drives. After several reboots, the system came up, and I took the following actions:
1. Ran Norton AV. No reported issue.
2. Ran Norton Windows errors routine. No issue.
3. Ran SeaTools, HD diagnostic. No reported issue. Drives, connections, etc are reported to be fine.
4. Ran sfc /scannow. No messages or errors, though the 1st attempt, I did get a blue screen of death, but error message flashed so quickly, I didn't capture it. I just returned to ran scf /scannow again.

Everything seems to check out OK, and presumably I can just rebuild the RAID1 array, copy over to the drive (errant drive, which seems to be OK?), and continue on. However, this error will most surely come back.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

One other issue, which might be a separate issue is I have the following errors reapreating with some frequency in EventLog:
Error Source EventID Category
Error ACPI 4 None
Error ACPI 5 None
Error DHCP 1002 None
Error MrxSmb 8003 None
Error System Error 1003 (102)
Error Fasttx2K 9 None
The 1st two errors repeat most often, every few days or so. The last error does refer to the Promise Array Controller and the error message is: "The device did not respond within the timeout period." In the last month, maybe only (2) errors of this type; within last month, maybe 10 of the "ACPI" errors listed above.

Thx.

Scott