Thread: User accounts & IE

Question User accounts & IE

I hope someone can help me with this problem, it's driving me crazy! I have 2 Windows accounts set up in XP, one for myself and one for my 14 year old son. I want to disable IE under his account but not mine. I've removed shortcuts and icons from his desktop but if someone sends him an email in Outlook Express with a link in it he automatically has instant access to the web browser and everything on the internet! Is there a way to disable IE from JUST his user account and still allow him to be able to use Outlook express to email his friends? Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

try that program thanks to Supastar.

Should work.

ANother sneaky way to do it, is to click tools, internet options, connections, LAN settings, check the box to use a proxy server

then put a fake Proxy server address in IE. Unless your son is pretty keen on trouble shooting IE, he'll never think to check the LAN settings of IE.

I use and port 1234 when I want to limit user access to IE. Works solidly. OF course if they figure it out and change it back, then well, it is useless..

But you can give it a try,

AFAIK he can still use outlook Express with IE configured in that way.