Thread: Yahoo Mail delivers new spam measures

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Yahoo Mail delivers new spam measures

Yahoo on Monday launched new antispam tools for its Web-based e-mail service as part of an ongoing effort to curb the Internet's most reviled by-product.

The Web portal said that as a way to protect their personal Yahoo Mail address from spammers, subscription e-mail customers will be able to set up dummy e-mail addresses for use when entering personal information at Web sites.

For example, if a subscriber wants to register for a book club, he or she can do so using a different Yahoo e-mail address, such as user-bookclub@yahoo.com. Any message sent to the fake address is sent to the user's primary e-mail account, but if the user notices lots of spam, Web parlance for unsolicited bulk e-mail, he or she can delete the address.

Yahoo also said it will offer an improved spam guard for its subscription e-mail service. Yahoo Mail Plus costs $29.99 a year for more features and more e-mail storage than its free version. The company launched an antispam resource center for all of its e-mail customers.

Spam has become a massive problem for Internet access providers, corporations and e-mail providers. The companies are forced to spend heavily on resources to prevent unwanted solicitations from clogging in-boxes and choking their services.

SOURCE

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    The free accounts don't get these new tools.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    true. But now it is very tempting to pay 29, 90 for those tools and all the extras.
    I am extremely tired of SPAM, and it takes away a great deal of my time. I never receive SPAM in yahoo, but about 60 a day in MSN. I am seriously thinking to give my Yahoo address to my personals contacts and leave the hotmails address for all junk. And use MSN for chatting only.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Dehcbad25
    I never receive SPAM in yahoo, but about 60 a day in MSN. I am seriously thinking to give my Yahoo address to my personals contacts and leave the hotmails address for all junk. And use MSN for chatting only.
    I get around 8 a day on Yahoo.

Titanium Member
    I get no spam in my main account because I do all my sign-ups, entries, etc, with my junk mail accounts (yahoo, msm, and hotmail)
    My comast account is strictly personal mail.
    Last edited by lynchknot; October 31st, 2003 at 03:01 AM.