Thread: Arctic Silver 5 Released

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Arctic Silver 5 Released

Introducing Arctic Silver 5 With its unique high-density filling of micro-nized silver and enhanced thermally conductive ceramic particles, Arctic Silver 5 provides a new level of performance and stability. Now available at Arctic Silver dealers worldwide, Arctic Silver 5 is definitely The New Reference. For use between modern high-power CPUs and high performance heatsinks or water-cooling solutions.

Arctic Silver 5 uses three unique shapes and sizes of pure silver particles to maximize particle-to-particle contact area and thermal transfer.

Arctic Silver 5 also contains micron-ized zinc oxide, aluminum oxide and boron nitride in addition to the silver. These thermally-enhanced ceramic particles improve the compound's performance and long-term stability.

Arctic Silver 5 does not contain any silicone. The suspension fluid is a proprietary mixture of advanced polysynthetic oils that work together to provide three distinctive functional phases. As it comes from the tube, Arctic Silver 5's consistency is engineered for easy application. During the CPU's initial use, the compound thins out to enhance the filling of the microscopic valleys and ensure the best physical contact between the heatsink and the CPU core. Then the compound thickens slightly over the next 50 to 200 hours of use to its final consistency designed for long-term stability.

SOURCE

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    gonna have to try this out next time I crack open the case. When I got my 1700xp I got some AS III and mine is about 10 degrees cooler than my buddies rig and I'm at 2.0 gigs. Never going back to those damn thermal pads again.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    This looks good, especially for all the new hi-powered CPU around

I was just wondering about this
    the next 50 to 200 hours of use
    so I guess the idea of Burning a CPU in is real. Not so much for the CPU but more so for the thermal compand to set correctly for long time use... interesting.

So, what is the correct way to burn a computer in? And whats the best way to clean this stuff off?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by cash_site

So, what is the correct way to burn a computer in? And whats the best way to clean this stuff off?
    A lot of gaming would be ideal for burn-in. Normally alcohol cleans leftover thermal goo.

Titanium Member
    Damn, I have a whole tube of last year's crappy Arctic Silver. I only used a matchhead's worth out of it.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Originally posted by Conan
    A lot of gaming would be ideal for burn-in. Normally alcohol cleans leftover thermal goo.
    Are you allowed to "drink and frag" LOL

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Originally posted by lynchknot
    Damn, I have a whole tube of last year's crappy Arctic Silver. I only used a matchhead's worth out of it.
    Yeah,Lynch even if you build a hundred computers you'd still have plenty left.lol
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Titanium Member
    yeah, they don't see one drop.