Thread: Windows Rights Management Client 1.0

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Windows Rights Management Client 1.0

The Microsoft® Windows® Rights Management (RM) client is required for your computer to run applications that provide functionality based on Windows RM technologies. Installing this client places software on your computer that allows RM-aware applications to work with Windows Rights Management Services (RMS) to provide licenses for publishing and consuming RM-protected information.

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows ME, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP

DOWNLOAD

Source & Information

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Additional Information
    Windows Rights Management Client Privacy Statement

Microsoft is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement explains data collection and use practices of the Windows Rights Management software; it does not apply to any other online or offline Microsoft sites, products or services. By using this software you are consenting to the information collection and use practices described in this privacy statement.

This software contains components that use certain Internet-based services that enable you to install and use system components of the platform necessary to enable certain features of the software, during a process called machine activation. During machine activation, your computer will be automatically connected via the Internet or by your entity’s proxy server in order to create and save on your computer a system component that is associated with your hardware. The system component is used by the software to allow you to access content that has been protected by the rights-enabled permission features of the software.

None of the information collected or generated as part of machine activation is personally identifiable. Microsoft will not retain any information collected during the activation process, except on a temporary basis where necessary to diagnose and resolve a problem with the Windows Rights Management service. Microsoft does not share any of the information collected during the activation process outside Microsoft.

OK Who's first in line?
    egghead
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to say this, but my guess is that in long horn, this will be installed by default.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    so we will loose the right to compute with our computers unless we connect to the internet for permission?

I think i like the sounds of an online operating system subscription service better
    ------------------------------------------------------------

you'll see more linux defectors when this comes about me thinks.. I will.. Linux is robust, fully functional and free..