Thread: DVD recorder surprise

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar

DVD recorder surprise

Well I got a Sony DRU510A Black DVD burner bare drive.Comes with NTI DVD maker software.This was a surprise birthday gift.This seems like it may be a good performer and it's got a 8mb cache.What do you guys think?Can I use Nero 6 with this?Anyone that has a DVD burner can tell me what they use all that capacity for?Backups,movies etc.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Zipp I actually missed this post when you posted it. How is the drive? I am sure it beats the hell out of making 10 CDRs per single DVD that you can now burn.

What software are you using with this drive now?

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Great to see BB making good use of the "view unanswered posts" button

So how is the DVD-R zipp?

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    nice b'day present What have you done with it so far? Any home movies ?

Im sure Nero should be compatible, but there are other great DVD authoring programs, to make good menus, chapters etc

Just have fun

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Thanks for the replies guys.As mentioned I got the bare drive without all the retail software,but they included NTI DVD Maker 6 Gold,Ulead DVD Movie Factory,and Ulead Video studio 7.I had a DVD player and a 52x24x52 cdrw installed before the gift came,and I figured to leave the DVD player in and did but changed my mind and reinstalled the cdrw because the Sony doesn't burn as fast as the Liteon.I guess if I need to copy a DVD I can first copy it to the hard drive.I haven't put any home movies on because my old 8mm camcorder is junked.I'm motivated to get a digital camcorder now,something like what BB got a while back would be cool.I am using it now to load up music which you can get quite a few songs on there,about 900 or so which I don't have.I'm using a DVD RW to copy all my other stuff such as updated drivers,Linux distributions,etc. BTW,Nero 6 works with this drive but I use the NTI DVD maker,I'll have to make a comparison later.The price was right to $156 including shipping.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.