October 27th, 2003, 00:32 AM
Adaware Reference file Update
Ad-aware Reference File 01R227 25.10.2003
This is a reference file update for Ad-aware to detect and remove the newest advertising systems.
Please close Ad-aware and/or Ad-watch before proceeding.
* 1) Use the "Save file to disk" option and choose your desktop as the download location.
* 2) Open your Lavasoft Ad-aware 6 directory. By default this is C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6.
* 3) Locate the reflist.zip file on your desktop and open the archive
* 4) Drag and drop the reflist.ref file from the zip archive directly into your Lavasoft Ad-aware 6 folder.
* 5) Select "yes" when asked if you want to replace the file
* 6) Close the Ad-aware 6 directory window and restart Ad-aware and/or Ad-watch
Once the update has been applied, you can delete the reflist.zip file as it is no longer needed.
Changes in Current Version:
* Added signatures for OpenSite/UCSearch Hijacker, BestPhrases, Big-Tgp Dialer, Consul-info B.V Dialer, Thesten, Searchwww Hijacker and several HOSTS file hijackers
* Updated signatures for Rads01.Quagrogram, MyWebSearch Toolbar, Wotch, ClearSearch, Holystic Dialer, SearchAndClick, CommonName, RCPrograms, WinPup32, NCase, UKVideo2 (Dialer), VX2.BetterInternet, e2Give, TIB Browser (Dialer), MyWay Speedbar,MPGCOm Toolbar and GigexAgent/SpeedDelivery
Adaware Reference File Update
NOTE: You can also update adaware using the updater in the adaware program itself.