Thread: i865PE/i875P Special Tweak Tip

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

i865PE/i875P Special Tweak Tip

OK, I found this tip. It is specific, so I could not test it, but anyone there with that mobo shoudl give it a try..

In an earlier TechTip we talked about the importance of CAS Latency to overall AMD system performance. From the response I receiced, many people saw a significant boost from running their memory at CAS Latency at 2 instead of 2.5 or 3. With the new Intel i865PE/i875P based motherboards there's now a new "big memory tweak".

When your computer first POSTs go into your BIOS (you may have to hit the DEL, F1, F2, F12 key). From there find the Advanced Chipset Features tab (if you have it, else you're out of luck for this tip) and find the RAS to CAS Delay. Make sure it's running the at 2/2T, and after that's done save and exit. With an i865PE/i875P based system, assuming the setting takes, you should notice a small performance gain in 2D applications but a significant gain in 3D apps (I'm talking 700+ 3DMarks, 10-20 fps more in Q3)!

Please note that you have to have high quality memory in order to run this setting. If you find that your system becomes unstable after applying this tweak, simply change the RAS to CAS Delay back to default

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    To maximize performance on 865/875 chipsets with no overclock the best latency settings (memory allowing of course) are 2-2-2-5-8. If you are a heavy overclocker these settings will no longer matter as timings will have to be relaxed in order to reach high FSB figures.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    good tip guys, hey conan hows your comp going, is everything sorted out with MB probs you were having?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by cash_site
    good tip guys, hey conan hows your comp going, is everything sorted out with MB probs you were having?
    Yup everything's ok at the moment. The MSI mobo has survived the last 2 BIOS flashes (though it gets my heart pumping during the process!).