Thread: Revolutions supplement themes for MSN Messenger v6.x

Revolutions supplement themes for MSN Messenger v6.x

For those of you living under a rock, Revolutions releases in four days.

I created Revolutions-specific themes for Messenger. There are more pics for the conversation window and the display pics, but there are no new audio files or backgrounds for the main UI.

If you already have the original themes, please don't download them again...they contain nothing new.

I burned thru my bandwidth allotment in two weeks last month...I've been offline for over two weeks. If you have the themes or supplements, and you have friends who would also like them, please just send the ZIP file(s) you downloaded directly to them...don't send them to my site. Otherwise, my site will be gone in a week instead of two weeks. Thanks

Link

Enjoy
    Yes, I'm going crazy...but at least I'm not going alone...

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Slugbait, thanks for lifting my rock nice work

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Slugbait, I must say, you always come through with the goods. I've been using your Star Wars themes for a while now.

These Revolutions themes look great. Good job!

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up Mr. Bait.

Have you ever thought of creating an installer for your themes? One that you click the executable, and the theme gets installed with one click?

I don't know if it can be done, but that would be smashing if it could.

That's a good idea. WinRAR creates great installers that could backup the files in your MSN Messenger folder and replace them with the files in your theme(s).

Veddy eeeeeenteresting idea. However, most people on the 'net don't trust EXE files...they could contain virii or whatever.

Think about it...would YOU trust an EXE from some dude who calls himself "Slugbait"?

Besides, I wouldn't know how to create an EXE that allows you to choose which background to use for the main UI, which background to use for the convo window, and which display pic to use. Plus, some people like to mix-n-match pics from different themes, as well as mix-n-match the audio.

And, I make other themes, I have housework to do, a wife to please, more than two friends to drink beer with, and pr0n to surf for... Perhaps if I cut back on sleep, but...
    Yes, I'm going crazy...but at least I'm not going alone...

Originally posted by Slugbait
    Think about it...would YOU trust an EXE from some dude who calls himself "Slugbait"?
    I would if I had scanned it with NAV 2004

But point taken. You can't cut back on your beer or pr0n!!

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    you could do it with the MSI installer app. As for selecting the backgrounds, you could make them where they install in the main folde r where the default backgrounds are stored, and just give instructions on where they are stored, I think you just have to click browse and find them.. like you do now.

As for the mix and match, yeah, they'd have to have the source files so they make their own combos.. that might be a problem.

And then the time issue.

Just a thought.