Thread: Windows xp restarting problem

Windows xp restarting problem

Hello all
    Last night i was burning a cd.
    Suddenly the pc got restarted.
    After i got a blue screen and then the pc couldnt load windows.
    Before loading the windows the pc was restarting by its self.
    I tried to enter safe mode the same **** i tried to use last good know configuration same ****.
    Anyone had the same problem and can suggest me what to do?
    Is it possible to be a driver problem and if i format my pc the problem will be solved?
    i dont know what to do.....
    Antec Lanboy Aluminium Case
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+
    MSI K7T266 Pro2
    512 DDR RAM Kingstone 266
    NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600
    Seagate 40 GB 7200 RPM
    Seagate 80 GB 7200 RPM
    Seagate 120 GB External USB2
    Creative SB Audigy Player
    Asus 52x CDROM
    Plextor 48x24x48 CD Writter
    Thermaltake Volcano 11
    Windows XP SP1

Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.
    Albert Einstein

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    I had a similar problem while burning cd's with nero.It wasn't a software problem but a hardware problem.I had a jazz drive running off a scsi card and when I removed the card the glitch went away.I assume you are using a usb 2.0 aftermarket controller card? This could be your hardware glitch.Try disconnecting the drive and/or removing the card and then start windows.Turn off boot from usb function in bios also.Worth a try? Someone else here may have a suggestion,but let me know what you find.Good luck Fireman and welcome to TZ.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I am not at home at the moment i am at work i will try it when ill go home... i have also a memory stick which is a usb also and i removed it from my pc few hours before the problem happened.
    I cant believe that this shit cause me this kind of trouble.
    I will try when ill go home and ill let u know

Thanks for the warm welcome

Originally posted by zipp51
    I had a similar problem while burning cd's with nero.It wasn't a software problem but a hardware problem.I had a jazz drive running off a scsi card and when I removed the card the glitch went away.I assume you are using a usb 2.0 aftermarket controller card? This could be your hardware glitch.Try disconnecting the drive and/or removing the card and then start windows.Turn off boot from usb function in bios also.Worth a try? Someone else here may have a suggestion,but let me know what you find.Good luck Fireman and welcome to TZ.
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+
    MSI K7T266 Pro2
    NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600
    Seagate 40 GB 7200 RPM
    Seagate 80 GB 7200 RPM
    Asus 52x CDROM
    Thermaltake Volcano 11
    Windows XP SP1

Albert Einstein

I used to have a similar problem with XP, but it was more to do with my mouse software. After using my pc for a while it would all of a sudden reboot itself and then continually BSOD. The only solution I could find was to totally remove all my Logitech drivers for both mouse and K/B. Now I never get the reboots or bsod screens, so it may be a problem caused by recent software program that you have installed or a recently updated drivers.
    Try removing any recently installed hardware software/drivers and then try burning a cd. If not try other burning software to see if they cause the similar faults with xp
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Ok guys... take the time to listen what i have done and solved the problem.

I removed everything from my case... and start installing the parts one after the other... when i installed the 2nd ram stick the pc started the reboot cycle again.
    I removed the one stick.... and i was working with the other.. everyting worked out fine....
    I installed windows xp again everything from the begining.
    I bouth 2 kingston 512 ram sticks and i installed them.
    Till today everything works fine......

I used to have a similar problem with XP, but it was more to do with my mouse software
    zErO i had a usb microsoft mouse.. and yesterday when i opened the case to install the ram when i booted my pc the optical mouse had a problem and it wasnt working properly. I got a usb to ps2 adapter and now everything works fine now.
    It might be the same problem but i for sure the one ram stick had a problem.

Thanks guys for your support and suggestions
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+
    MSI K7T266 Pro2
    NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600
    Seagate 40 GB 7200 RPM
    Seagate 80 GB 7200 RPM
    Asus 52x CDROM
    Thermaltake Volcano 11
    Windows XP SP1

Albert Einstein

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    good to hear that you solved the problem... ram always a tricky part in problems... also thanks for giving out the solution... Im sure it will help lots of people out.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---