Thread: Can't get Eudora 5.2 to let me create a signature

Can't get Eudora 5.2 to let me create a signature

Hi:

Eudora tells me to click on Tools then Signature; then I will be able to click on 'new' and write a signature or select from a list of previous signatures. I can't contact Eudora by phone without reregistering and am loath to spend the $30 or $50 for reregistration for 1 phone call. I searched their online help but found no answer.

I have reinstalled 5.2 but that helped not at all.

What happens is that when I open Eudora, and click on Tools and then Signature the item list in Signature vanishes. That's it! In all other respects Eudora is working just fine.

I am running XP.

wumply
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Wumply,
    Try this, uninstall it this time, using the add/remove software from the control panel of windows.

Then go to the Eudora folder:
    X:/Programs/Eudora

And delete the Eudora folder, all the contacts, everything. (back up the contacts and address book if you need them)

Then fire up reg cleaner or another registry editing software and try deleting all traces of eudora.

Then restart. Then reinstall Eudora and see if that doesn't fix your issue.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://www.techzonez.com/forums/show...&threadid=7759

Also a newer version of Eudora has been released. Check out rev's thread above.

BB:

Sorry for my delay in responding to your help re Eudora. Always a bit hesitant to delete from the registry (not necessary, I know) I put off dealing with my desire for a signature. When I go Tools > signature, the list is items still vanishes when I click on Signature (as well as a host of other links or items). But poking around the Help menu I discovered where Eudora User Data was saved. So I ended up going C:\Documents and Settings\Customer\ApplicationData\Qualcomm\Eudora\Sigs and there there was an icon called 'Standard'. I clicked on that and my word editor (Notetab Light) came up and I typed in my signature.

And that was it. I have the signature I want.

Thank you for your help even if I didn't use it.

wumply
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html