Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slave & Master: You can't name drives that way in Cali

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Slave & Master: You can't name drives that way in Cali

In an interesting twist on political correctness, LA County has banned the use of the terms 'Master/Slave' (commonly used to denote hard drive arrangements.) According to Snopes.com, 'someone within the County bureaucracy... had taken offense at "master/slave" references and complained to the board.' LA County now requires that vendors working with the county remove all 'master/slave' references. Incredible.

The Full Report

THIS IS TOO HILARIOUS...

So, I am sick and tired of people calling it "White Milk".. I want it to be called just "Milk"

And I hate that tires are called "White Walled" I would like it to be called "Ringed"

And, I hate that they call lines on the road, "White Lines"! I want them to be called Non-Black Lines LOL

MASTER AND SLAVE is a universal.. I don't give a rats ass if you get offended by it or not.. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Well BB it has been nice knowing ya. I am sure the PC Cops are after you now and I do not mean Personal Computer either... It is clear that you have an aversion to people who are not you skin color and are insensitive to there fellings.....

All those PC farts can lick ballz!
    LOL

Yep, I hate all white people, even myself LOL

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    and I hate all those phishheads coming over here in boats and taking all our tech jobs. Go Pinoys.

Nice one phishy. LMAO.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Originally posted by Big Booger
    All those PC farts can lick ballz!
    LOL

Now he's pissed off the ball lickers...

Titanium Member
    Some people are just too sensitive. I'm sure none of you heard about this local news: http://communique.portland.or.us/03/...t_picture.html

A stuffed animal on the front of a police car is a stuffed animal on the front of a police car...the racism lies not in the placement of and display of the stuffed animal but in the minds of those who are accusing it of being racist. Anyone who thinks that African Americans are being represented by a stuffed gorilla on the hood of a car really needs to look at their own views about African Americans...why is it even crossing their mind that a gorilla might be insulting to African Americans? Do the accusors think that African Americans resemble gorillas? Where is the racism really being projected from?

Man LK...that is just frickin ridiculous.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Originally posted by rik
    Now he's pissed off the ball lickers...
    My Golden Retriever is sitting in front of the monitor,barking,he looks pissed.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Originally posted by zipp51
    My Golden Retriever is sitting in front of the monitor,barking,he looks pissed.

watchout BB. He may call the ASPCA on ya...

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    The one who decided to banned it, because someone said it was offended sound like someone I know, that has to do crazy thing just because he has a compulsion to make happy other people and cannot think by himself (I can't tell who he is, but I work for him )
    Anyhow, then native americans have to feel offended too. And I should too because I am latin (No, I don't think I am latin because I actually don't really feel confortable with latins, nor with americans )
    Isn't there a point where too much is too much.
    Maybe having so much freedom to complain, restrain the freedon that people has to think. Imagine next time that you need to trubleshoot a computer problem and check the 1 and 2 drive?? Humm, not you cannot because EIDE channels are called like that....maybe primary....wait, thaT IS TAKEN
    WAIT, wasn't IBM who designed the first PC?? and from there is where names come from??? So, I can actually sue IBM????
    I am on the phone with my lawyer

You got the whole point of my post DEHC. It is the fact that anything can offend anybody... so why the hell must we change it?

The terms slave and master are words we use, not a means to put people down.

I guess from now on the Genie in Aladdin will have to say "the guy tha that freed me" and "I'm here to help" instead of "Master" and "I am here to serve"

LMAO.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Actually she can just come to my house. I will make her the master

This is bordering on being dam right ridiculous, hmmm imaging kicking up a fuss over such a petty thing. Obviously someone in the County bureaucracy just didnt have anything to do on this day and thought "hey I guess I should come up with something to justify my pay check".
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules