View Poll Results: Would you use Outlook 2003 as a browser ?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeh , definitly cause....

0 0%
  • why not...

3 42.86%
  • no cause...

4 57.14%
  • Outlook ? what's that?

0 0%

Thread: OUtlook 2003

OUtlook 2003

Would you use Outlook 2003 as a browser ?
    I found a way to add internet shortcuts in the Link Panel by sliding them in from ie
    -G-
    Join me on Yahoo!

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Why not? You got screenies of how to do this? Sounds interesting.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    No I wouldn't use it, I used Outlook 2002 before just messing around but its ugly and cramped. Isn't Outlook suppose to be a big security risk ?

As far as I'm concerned browsers rate in this order...Firebird, Mozilla, Opera and IE/MSN.

I use Outlook for mail and I get in & out real quick...hehe

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Originally posted by Big Booger
    Why not? You got screenies of how to do this? Sounds interesting.
    Maybe I don't understand what is being talked about...all my IE favorites/links are already in my Outlook 2002, so I can use it as a browser without tricks they go in automatic so what am I missing here ?? i'm at TZ right now in Outlook 02....

Titanium Member
    You can put a URL bar in the Outlook toolbar I guess, and use it as a browser - I wouldn't do it though. Well, for that matter you can do the same with MS Word - it will use your default browser.

BTW, here's some more 'Extremely Critical' IE vuneralbilities: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...27/bs_nf/22765
    Last edited by lynchknot; November 29th, 2003 at 03:48 AM.

I think it would be nice if you were working in a corporate environment and wanted to surf the web in outlook so it looks like you are taking care of customers but in reality you are surfing.
    LMAO

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I think it would be nice if you were working in a corporate environment and wanted to surf the web in outlook so it looks like you are taking care of customers but in reality you are surfing.
    LMAO

If you want to do that try "Ghostzilla"...http://www.ghostzilla.com/

"So sneaky, you can surf right in front of your boss and he won't suspect a thing."
    -- TechTV

Ghostzilla browser for Windows shields you from the looks of people around you, when they try to see if you are surfing the Web.
    With Ghostzilla, they see your normal work screen. You see the Web page, drawn to appear inside your work application and to look like that application to a bystander.

If someone comes too close, move the mouse away from the Web page and it disappears, leaving the original application frame. When the coast clears, another mouse move brings Ghostzilla and the Web page back inside your application.

EDITI've used it and it seems to perform exactly as they say. And yes it's free...

Yep I have used ghostzilla, but on some PCs, you cannot install software. They lock you down, way down. Boot up, input password, surf and use installed programs. You cannot even update the programs.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Yep I have used ghostzilla, but on some PCs, you cannot install software. They lock you down, way down.
    Very true. But if they have you locked down to that point then they are probably SMSing you to death, watching every move that you make and maybe even keylogging...

no well , in fact, i was able to slide a URL from Internet explorer to a created group in the Outlook 2003 Link bar but irealized that once you shut the program down and re open it all the links are gone which sux
    -G-
    Join me on Yahoo!

cause yup in the 2003 version you dont have the Favorite button on the top...
    -G-
    Join me on Yahoo!